just one of those days

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by FBD, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

my depression is just making today tough. I don't want to do anything...except hurt myself which is not my norm. I don't usually cut...yesterday was the first time in months but I wantnto right now. I am just so low, all I'm thinking about if how much I suck, how my boyfriend prob doesn't actually like me, how I'm a bad person, how I shouldn't be here at all.

there's really no reason for it either at least I don't think so...I start a new job Monday, get to move and am looking at places with my friend tomorrow and I'm not excited. I get to do the internship I wanted and I just feel like I couldn't care less.

I don't get why I'm like this right now, but I just want to cut want to hurt want to get drunk want to smoke want to do things I know are bad. I don't care thou I just don't care.

I just I feel like I need to do something
  2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

have you been diagnosed with depression?
    that would explain the lack of interest in everything, including the internship
  3. MisterBGone

Hello. I bet you're being unfairly critical of yourself in those comments. For if any of those things were even halfway true, I doubt you'd be able to secure a prized internship, boyfriend, new apt, etc. Perhaps it's the sudden thought of change or pressure that comes with the new job and such that's causing this uncertainty. If so, I think you should know that these feelings are normal and you should be proud of your accomplishments and give yourself some credit. Punishing oneself is a poor coping mechanism, and I hope that you find a reason to realize that you deserve praise instead, as difficult as it may be when feeling this low at a time when you should be soaring high. Sincerely.
  4. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

dazzle- yeah I've been diagnosed through my old uni counseling center...by a dr and everything. was on meds, but I stopped using them. at the current moment I don't have the funds to go get help again, as at uni the service was free. they did tell me there that i should be on anti depressants for the rest of my life *sigh

mister-thank you sometimes it just helps to hear someone else say that you should be proud.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.