just one of those days

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by FBD, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

my depression is just making today tough. I don't want to do anything...except hurt myself which is not my norm. I don't usually cut...yesterday was the first time in months but I wantnto right now. I am just so low, all I'm thinking about if how much I suck, how my boyfriend prob doesn't actually like me, how I'm a bad person, how I shouldn't be here at all.

there's really no reason for it either at least I don't think so...I start a new job Monday, get to move and am looking at places with my friend tomorrow and I'm not excited. I get to do the internship I wanted and I just feel like I couldn't care less.

I don't get why I'm like this right now, but I just want to cut want to hurt want to get drunk want to smoke want to do things I know are bad. I don't care thou I just don't care.

I just I feel like I need to do something

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

have you been diagnosed with depression?
    that would explain the lack of interest in everything, including the internship

3. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

Hello. I bet you're being unfairly critical of yourself in those comments. For if any of those things were even halfway true, I doubt you'd be able to secure a prized internship, boyfriend, new apt, etc. Perhaps it's the sudden thought of change or pressure that comes with the new job and such that's causing this uncertainty. If so, I think you should know that these feelings are normal and you should be proud of your accomplishments and give yourself some credit. Punishing oneself is a poor coping mechanism, and I hope that you find a reason to realize that you deserve praise instead, as difficult as it may be when feeling this low at a time when you should be soaring high. Sincerely.

4. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

dazzle- yeah I've been diagnosed through my old uni counseling center...by a dr and everything. was on meds, but I stopped using them. at the current moment I don't have the funds to go get help again, as at uni the service was free. they did tell me there that i should be on anti depressants for the rest of my life *sigh

mister-thank you sometimes it just helps to hear someone else say that you should be proud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.