Just one week into new job and I already want to quit :(

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lachrymose27, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

my depression can get unbearable... life won't get any better and i just can't be happy. i can't seem to be a happy person. i don't know how to deal with this other than feeling a bit suicidal

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

a new job new stressors hun Have you talk to someone about how you are feeling get some supports in place okay maybe you need to look at your meds or getting more therapy as well to help you cope I am glad you are talking here hun it helps okay lots of people get more depressed with a new job just because they are overwhelmed hugs

3. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

At least you got a new job. All jobs and new jobs have a form of stressor's. Hopefully you can find someone to talk to you about your feelings because having depression and suicidal thoughts can be unbearable at times.

Trevor,

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I'm sorry to hear that you are having a tough time with your job. Sometimes stress can get overwhelming and that's understandable. I think that everyone can be happy again, so please don't give up yet. We all care about you here and want you to feel better. :hugtackles:

5. Slothbear

Slothbear Well-Known Member

Starting a new job can be hard, the first week is the hardest. Hang in there.

6. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

I tend to quit after 1 or 2 weeks of work. Bad habit. But i get too depressed. I think the problem is i dont see a point to anything. Why am i waking up so early and take more than an hour of travel time to get to work. Its exhausting, repeat five days a week. Greet the same people over and over and over again. Feeling like ive done something stupid at work, driving me to insanity. Feeling a little more anti social as depression worsen. If this is what ill be doing for the next four years of my life, then what is the point to it. The thought of working here for that long is driving me nuts. Putting on a shell so that other employees cant see the underside of me, but a sliver of the real me leak through anyway. It takes a lot of energy to put on a mask. I should go about thinking in a different light but Depression constricted around my mind, hinders any form of positive thinking. Thank you for the encouragement and support. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.