Just out of energy.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Blinboise, Jun 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blinboise

Blinboise New Member

I've been dealing with my feelings of low self-worth since I was a teen. I turned 40 last month and I am just so tired. I have been to sooooo many psychiatrists and counselors trying to find my way through life I have lost two jobs from this and I am on the verge of losing a third. My contributions to my home have just been getting less and less over the years. I earn almost no money now and I don't do any housework any more. I cancel camping trips because I don't want to spend the energy to get everything ready and I rarely get the lawn mowed before its incredibly long.

I just keep wearing down, getting less and less effective, like a toy whose batteries are getting weak. I just don't want to put the effort in anymore.

2. EisNayk

EisNayk Well-Known Member

yeah the feeling is mutual. feels like you have fallen on your back and now you just lay there starring at the sky. though starring at the sky is not so bad every once in a while.

3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Do you have spouse and kids? It sounds like you probably do. Kids can be an incredible motivator sometimes.

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...when I feel that way, I hold on to my friends very tightly, as they do with me, and use that caring to keep going...sometimes, it feels like that is all we have...also, getting support and expressing how you are feeling can be energizing, so please keep posting...many people here can relate to what you have said

5. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

I find that I burn out a lot as well. I find the best way to deal with it is to find time to rest. If you rest your mind and body a bit some of the motivation will come back. When I say rest I mean take time off work, and just relax on your own. If you want to sleep all day, sleep, if you want to camp go camping, if you want eat pie do so. Refresh your batteries a bit. After all it is bad on rechargable batteries to run them to exhaustion every time. Try relaxing a bit more and keeping your charge high.

6. Blinboise

Blinboise New Member

My wife and I had our 14th anniversary but we are unable to have kids. I wouldn't describe our relationship as particularly healthy, but neither of us really wants to go through the trouble of splitting up so we stay together.

7. Blinboise

Blinboise New Member

All I do is 'relax' I go to school in the morning and then either go home or go to work for a few hours then I come home. My wife works late so I usually just come home and watch Netflix and eat until she comes home.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.