Just realized something a little while ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombiePringle

Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend
I was watching a show called "the guild" which is basically just a show about a bunch of people that play WoW. Well anyways the main character was talking about how she doesn't like being around people..and how she would rather just stick to her gaming world by herself. She said a few other things too. As she was talking I couldn't help but think.. "thats just like me..." Does anybody else feel like that? I'm not sure if its "normal" I mean I just know if I stick to interacting with with people in games or online that I'll at least be able to relate to them for at least that.

I used to watch that show too, it used to be my favorite. I can relate to what she said too, I used not be able to open up much and wanted to avoid a lot of people, so I would either want to be by myself or want to talk to people from a distance (texting, instant messenger). I'm not sure if its normal either, but know that other people feel the same way. The distance thing is sort of gone for me now, because I love to hang out with my best friends, but I still try to avoid some certain people.
Maybe its just because talking over the internet is easier, Or are you uncomfortable with it? If you are just find some activities you can enjoy, and try to find some more better people that you would want to spend your time with. And if you just want some people to relate to, you can find some more things away from the computer, if you want.

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
Please do not give up on interacting with people...I could go on for pages why this is beneficial to one's well-being...you deserve to be cared for and to care for another...it is one of the reasons one can feel comfort...big hugs, J

ZombiePringle

Its not that I don't interact with others, I do interact with other people everyday that I go to work. I'm just more comfortable with staying at home and only interacting with people in my online PS3 games, on the Internet etc. I know it's important to interact with real people though.

Tobes

In case you didn't know, that preference is insanely popular (and completely understandable).

Last edited by a moderator:

plates

No. No. No. I hate it. And I don't play video games. I need to talk to people who say something and are talking to me! But online/offline, many seem to be kinda robotic. :mellow: In some books and music, I find things are being said there, so I suppose I like listening and reading things that talk to me.

Things

Heh, never seen that show. My mom and her friend play WoW just about 24/7 though. I'm trying to get into it, but I kind of just fade in and out during game play.

I used to be like that. I was to interact with people, I really do. The internet is just not enough for me. I just don't know how. :/

boo

Omg, i know what you are talking about. This is coming from someone who played Everquest, the first one. I felt more friendship there than in real life...

TWF

Yup. I see starting an online game as starting a new life, away from all the usual bull shit. Fantasy worlds rock, you can be anything, anywhere and anyone you want.
I sound sad...

ZombiePringle

Yup. I see starting an online game as starting a new life, away from all the usual bull shit. Fantasy worlds rock, you can be anything, anywhere and anyone you want.
I sound sad...
I agree completely with the first part. as for you sounding sad I don't think so. unless we both do..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00