• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

gray_now

I just feel impossible sad. I know what I want in life but I just don’t think it’s ever going to happen. All my family ever says is that I’m stupid and a loser. My brother makes fun of me because I didn’t go to college, even though I tried to and all people did was make feel like sh*t for even TRYING. I just feel sad nonstop. No matter what I do, nothing will ever change. I just want to kill my self. I just want to stop.

Lane

SF Supporter
Hi @gray_now . You are smart to talk about it and also to make choices that are right for you. That takes a lot of strength. Your family is wrong to call you names, that is actually abusive and I'm sorry you have to go through that. When they do that can you say, don't call me that? Or try to push it back mentally back to them and know that one day, you'll be on your own and won't have to hear those insults.

I think that things will change, it's just going to take some time and you have to be a little patient. Of my two sons. One it's taking him more to figure out what to do with his life because he didn't finish college and doesn't want to work at a regular job. I don't think he's a loser. I hope you will post here more for support. Also, do things that make you happy and !$+& all those people who call you names.

MosesY

Recovering Alcoholic
SF Supporter
College is not all it's cracked up to be. That is my first statement. You don't need a college education to have a good life. You can sets your sites on a career, get a job at the basement level in that field and then work your way up.

My dad also told me every night at the supper table (us four boys that helpped him with the ourside work and buuilding our house) how worthless and good for nothing we were. All of us were affected by this, very low self esteem. I found that when I went into the work force I was more intelligent than normal, I worked harder than other people, and my employers thought highly of me. It took me a long time to forgive my father, I wish I had done it years earlier but I was about 50 years old. I wish I had put all of that behind me years earlier and just realized that he did that because of his own failings and not because I was somehow inferior. It would have made a huge difference in my life.

gray_now

Hi @gray_now . You are smart to talk about it and also to make choices that are right for you. That takes a lot of strength. Your family is wrong to call you names, that is actually abusive and I'm sorry you have to go through that. When they do that can you say, don't call me that? Or try to push it back mentally back to them and know that one day, you'll be on your own and won't have to hear those insults.

I think that things will change, it's just going to take some time and you have to be a little patient. Of my two sons. One it's taking him more to figure out what to do with his life because he didn't finish college and doesn't want to work at a regular job. I don't think he's a loser. I hope you will post here more for support. Also, do things that make you happy and !$+& all those people who call you names.
Thank you 😊 you sound like a really great person. Your reply made me feel a lot better. I’m trying to better myself and I’m hoping when I have more confidence, I’ll be able to stand up for myself 🌸 thank you 🙏🏻

gray_now

College is not all it's cracked up to be. That is my first statement. You don't need a college education to have a good life. You can sets your sites on a career, get a job at the basement level in that field and then work your way up.

My dad also told me every night at the supper table (us four boys that helpped him with the ourside work and buuilding our house) how worthless and good for nothing we were. All of us were affected by this, very low self esteem. I found that when I went into the work force I was more intelligent than normal, I worked harder than other people, and my employers thought highly of me. It took me a long time to forgive my father, I wish I had done it years earlier but I was about 50 years old. I wish I had put all of that behind me years earlier and just realized that he did that because of his own failings and not because I was somehow inferior. It would have made a huge difference in my life.
I’m sorry, that sounds awful, but that is my life, so I can very much relate to it 😅 I’m glad your life got better, and I have an idea of what I want to do, I just worry about my family making fun of me and tearing me down. But you’ve really inspired me :) I hope one day I’ll be able to stand on my own and forgive my family. Thank you!! 🌸

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$55.00
Goal
$255.00