Just really upset.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by cateyezgold, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cateyezgold

cateyezgold New Member

Hi, I am new to this.

I have been suffering from depression since I was 7 years old and I have been to a barrage of different doctors and taken copious different medications. None of them ever did a darn thing for me. Things have just been consistently getting worse. Everyday is a struggle just to leave the house. I have to bribe myself saying "well if today doesn't go okay then you will never have to leave the house" or something along those lines. My boyfriend does not understand he thinks that there is some magical "off" switch that I can flip and just be okay. I am so sick of everything. I can't seem to find the point of life. Why work hard, gain an education, build a family, accumulate wealth just to grow old and lose control of all of your faculties then die. It seems pointless to me. I would much rather skip all that nonsense and just be done now.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Cat and welcome...so sorry you are feeling so awful...please continue to post and let us know how you are doing...here, we understand that we cannot simply shut off how we are feeling...many ppl will relate to that...welcome again, J

3. tiredofgames

tiredofgames Member

I completely agree with her.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Perhaps leave some information on depression around so bf can read it and get some more understanding on how you are feeling.and why. I hope you continue to post to reach out Try just taking one day at a time like you say and not look do far ahead h ugs

5. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

:hug: I can understand. I have also been depressed since an early age, but wasn't recognized until I was a teenager. And I've also tried many medications. But from experience, I can tell you things will get better. You just have to hold out right now. Just continue talking to people like a therapist and get the support you need. Try to maybe get information as previously stated for your boyfriend to read. I hope you are feeling ok. Take care! I'm also here if you ever want to talk.

6. shidoshi

shidoshi Member

omg thats exactly how i feel all my life.
    i,ve hide my depression from my wife but did get courage to go doctors and it all came out and wife found out at doctors. (still feel like ending it all)

but reading the comment you have just wrote was wow thats me.

what i mean is i was never asked to be born. so im in this world gotta go school for 16-18 years then work upto 65-70 and what do you get to show for it.

you get 4-5 weeks off a year holiday wow just wow..

i hate my life and i can understand and feel how u do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.