Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Wastingecho, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

my wife is working a temp job this week in the city

she's not a regular commuter so she has to take the train like i do

a day hasn't gone by without me getting one or more text complaints - my train is running late, it's so warm in here, blah, blah, blah

now i get one saying "i can't wait for this job to be over"

what the hell - i forgot - she must be getting SOOOO many fucking job offers that she can afford to be picky

now i'm fed up and disgusted and get to sit next to her for the train ride home while she goes on

does she think i make the daily trip for the goddamned hell of it? i've been doing this for too damned long - i don't want to hear her bitching about the commute, about how bored she is, about having to work in the city for ONE DAMNED WEEK

we need the stupid money so just shut the hell up and do what has to be done
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I agree with your position about so many things...not about people sharing their pain or distress, but the times when someone complains about something that is not a trauma and can just get through it without milking it for all of the drama points...sorry you have no respite...can you take an earlier train until she is finished with the job?
  3. paulhewson

paulhewson Well-Known Member

Your wife must have been a pampered housecat in a previous life.
  4. Wastingecho

Have a pampered cat - at least the cat cuddles with me
  5. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

tell her to be positive.
  6. Wastingecho

I think she is incapable - always finds sonething to complain about no matter what
  7. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

is divorce a possibility?
  8. Wastingecho

less stress if i just die