1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Repeating Myself

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Forgotten_Man, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

#Random Blah
    So I guess I just feel like taking up database space here. I am not really going to ask for any particular issue in my life. There are plenty of issues in my life that I can waste tons of time writing about. Feel free to pick any one you might have a thought on.

First off, I am sick of my family. My family is such a wonderful bunch you know. They spend all of the time I had to be around them away from me. Now 10 years later they all of the sudden miss me and want to be a part of my life. It is driving me up the wall. All of the sudden I am the bad guy because I have no sentimental feelings towards them. All of them seek another round of forgiveness after their previous failed attempts and they continue to annoy me. I just wish they would go back to the way things were when I was a kid. They were all to busy being cool and outgoing to spend any time with me. Life was easier then, and I prefer it to what I have to deal with now.

I mean it is not like I have any sentiment towards people anyway. I mean I am planning on moving to a new state next year so I can cut ties with all my social connections here. The very few that I have, mainly family. Once I am there I can be alone. I really see no point in making friends. Even people who I share interests with do not see eye to eye with me. It is just easier to be alone. The only reason I might want another human in my life is for sex. I mean I avoid females as much as possible. I know that they do not want to have sex with me. Even if they might desperately just want to have sex it is not worth the effort to get it. I do not care for males either because I have yet to meet anyone who shares my views. I only meet those people online. The only reason I might accidentally meet people is because I am going through the motions.

I am not one to dismiss the chance that things might change. That is why I workout, cosplay, and plan for retirement. I know that maybe I can win the lottery, of some kind, and life might be worth living. However, I do not want to have to live with decades of damage to my body because I am just planning on killing myself when my cat dies. That is years off and there is nothing that I can really do other than keep to myself and wait for her to die. I know that I will die when her time comes. There is a reason why they call the lottery a tax on those who do not understand statistics.

I mean it is not like I did not try for 8 months to become social and fix my flaws. I really did try, I went the whole 9 yards, as they say. I went out and bought nicer cloths, I groomed myself up, I approached groups and spoke to them. 8 months of achieving making people feel awkward, weird, creeped out. 8 months and I did not so much as get a single name from anyone. Females were particularly bad once they learned I was not going to pay for their attention. So it is not like I did not go out and waste a very large chunk of my life trying to figure the stuff that I should have figured out in grade school. I gave it an honest attempt, no matter what most people might say. I also love when people add insult to injury.

After hearing my failure about socializing I am given the most insulting line anyone could possibly say to another person "Maybe you should lower your standards". It is nicer to just agree that I should give up. I mean christ, why would you ever say that to another person? I mean anyone who says that knows full well they would not like to hear it so why bother saying it to me? I would rather them just tell me to get what I can rather than try to get what I want. At least that is nicer than trying to gently put me down. The only thing that is worse is when people tell me how shocked they are that I have these problems.

I am not sure what is worse to be honest. People telling me to lower my standards or talking about how they are just shocked, amazed, flabbergasted, surprised, upset that such a catch like me is single. At least when I am told to lower my standards people are being honest with me. However, when people just outright lie to me about how shocked they are that such a handsome interesting guy is single.... yeah I am not sure what to say or feel. I mean god, do you really like boosting your ego so much that you would lie to a loser? Then again, I guess more often than not other people actually believe the lie. The only reason why I get some amusement out of it is because I get to see their face when I explain to them I have been hearing that line for over a decade. None actually know what to say then at least then I can amuse myself with the conversation then. I guess I get some joy out of watching all their empty charity drain out of them as I explain how I have not met anyone in years. How they are only saying this because they are not attracted to me and can write it off as "well I am not single" or something like that. However, those conversations are rare as I just stay in and play video games.

Anyway, thanks for wasting your time on this post. I am well aware I am beyond help and I am not going to go to therapy. Thanks for wasting your time on this post. If you have any thoughts feel free to share them

2. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

omg lower your standards???? no, no, no. Don't, picky is good. I find that it's better to be alone than in a bad relationship just for the sake of not being alone. From what i read, it sounds like we see eye to eye on that. People who say that, are unhappy and scared to be alone. As if being in a relationship is everything. Sure it's nice to have a mate, a partner, but if you fight all the time, never get along etc...what's the point? Being in a relationship should be natural and a happy experience (with the occasional fight) and it should happen for the right reasons...idk that's my thought on it

I've been pretty discouraged lately with family, friends and dating...so I hear ya...wish I had good advice for that, but I struggle in that as well, so all I can do is :hug:

3. Forgotten_Man

I cannot say that I have been discouraged with dating, I have to actually get dates for that to be a problem. I have not willingly spoken to a female for 2 years now. I have just given up. I don't even give good advice. I advise people to just give up. That is easier than trying. It just seems like forever till my cat dies. I just want to kill myself and get it over with.

4. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I understand...it is easy to give up, especially when you've tried and tried with no positive result. But don't give up. I believe that eventually things unblock and you can succeed, but I also believe it tends to take more tries, as if to perfect yourself for what's to come...

5. Forgotten_Man

Everyone says not to give up, but I already have. I guess that I am just unworthy if I need to put extra work into something that the majority of people can figure out with no problem. So I will just remain blocked because at minimum I can enjoy the time I would waste failing.