Just saying hello to all and thanks

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by powder_girl, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powder_girl

powder_girl Active Member

for having the door open for people like me to wander in on. I don't remember how I found this board, I think I was doing a search the other day and saw this board linked in a google search and then I just had to join bc on Thursday I went to see the counselor on-campus and it just naturally led me to think that maybe I should have a support group and a few who have been there to talk to me about what they've seen, felt, and heard

I'm aware that this is the internet, it's not going to be the same as in real life experiences but really I'm much better when I write in expressing myself. I'm a writer, not a talking person, I have a small voice naturally (girly voice i guess) and most of the time i have to force myself to almost yell just to make an impression so writing is my forte, and wanted to just say that I appreciate this board and would use it every time I had a chance to.

I'm not exactly sure what's going on with me at the moment...hopefully I won't be boxed into a category in the table of contexts of the "Psychology Manual" bible or whatever....I swear that is one of the bubbles that always pops in my head...what if i get diagnosed with some strange fixation and it alters my life FOREVER just because a bunch of people think I have this or that problem?

anyhow, would that be the signs of denial?

But, going back, I went to the counselor because I'm a sophomore in a uni in california studying mostly Biology emphasis with Art studio minor but then I realized that although I can study and get A- on my organic chemistry exams i get Ds on my Biology tests....while I always told myself I hate chemistry and love biology...so instead of what I expected, when i held my biology exam in my hands and saw the D I just fell through the hole that was growing in me...in terms of everything i literally saw myself as Alice in wonderland or something similiar my mind racing thinking this is what i'm lacking...a sense of balance in my life, a sense of stability or foundation.

it probably sounds weird, and my mind is racing right now, but i'm just being overwhelmed by my grades, GPA, family expectations, my memories, and my future, what i want to do, what i want to see for myself and where i want to be (not here)...that's everything in a nutshell.

I feel a little discombobulated in the head because I think about ten different things at the same time and I always have this constant mumbling in my head, it's like a jigsaw puzzle i'm always always always taking at least a couple different thoughts and i jump from one to the other to the other to the other until finally exhaust myself- that might be normal for the coffee guzzling persona of today, but I feel like that's not how i used to be but now its just a constant battle to concentrate

i can't concentrate on one thing that i'm not interested in, seriously. ii'll tell myself all the pros of doing what i'm doing and right when one part of my brain just forgets about the pros I forget what I'm doing or put it away and do something else.

anyhow...its a really logn story....if you're still reading this you're either very bored or amazingly patient. I'll be around here (that is, until I'm not interested any longer) but hopefully I'll stay around because I really see so many wonderful emotions here, people's stories help me

2. Allo..

Allo.. Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF hun :)

I'm so glad you've joined! If you ever need anyone, have any questions or just want to talk to someone feel free to PM me, email me or add me on msn or anything like that :hug:

Take care xo

3. powder_girl

powder_girl Active Member

k thanks! :)

4. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

:welcome:

5. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

welcome to sf x

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. Many times when a person heads off to college or university level studies, they find that things are not quite what they thought it would be. Not always is success found in the area of greatest interest, but that doesn't mean you have to abandon it. Don't lock yourself in at this point. You are young and have time to figure things out. I know that you are probably expected to be on the path to your degree and they really do want a major declared. I changed mine 3 times before I finally settled in. It took me an extra year, but that was okay. Remember that einstein failed math :blink: So many things are up in the air for you, I can imagine how it feels. So many unanswered questions and concerns. We will do our best to support you here. I hope you are able to find comfort with us. There is so much diversity among our members, that many things have been experienced and survived through. We can share how it was worked through and perhaps you can gain a few ideas that can help you as well. take care. Stay safe. :hug:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2007
  7. :welcome: to SF if you ever need anything my PM box is always open :]

8. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum

9. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

:welcome:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.