Just so alone, can anyone relate?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by HomerSimpson, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomerSimpson

HomerSimpson Well-Known Member

People I am sorry for posting pretty much the same thing I have posted before, but I am in so much pain and so alone. Tomorrow when I wake up I will be waking up to no one, nothing. I just do not want to go on living anymore, it just hurts so much the emptiness. I just want someone to say "hey I missed you", " I am glad to see you", "where have you been", "you mean a lot to me". I know plenty of people, but have only had a bond with one person and I am 34 yo. Being alone, depressed, and suicidal just hollows you out so much on the inside that it literally hurts.

2. white

white Well-Known Member

Its going to be alright! What do you njoy doing?

3. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

well, at least u have freands....
    I dont have anyone to talk to, AT ALL
    all day long im infornt of the computer monitor
    day after day, week afer week, month after month

4. I know what it's like too to be alone. It sucks. I have a special bond with only one person too who is my boyfriend. He is away right now in an inpatient mental health facility. Everyday is hard without him. Otherwise I have no one else either in my life.

I have no special advice at this point. All I can say is that I definitely can empathize with your pain. And I know the feeling. It sure does hollow you out on the inside. It has me too. All I can offer is a :hug:

5. HomerSimpson

Neither do I, just because I know plenty of people doenst mean anything. You can be in a room with a hundred people and still feel like the only person on earth. Its 3 am and I am still awake because I dread so much in waking up to another day. white I enjoyed running, exercising, and I did it all the time, but now that is losing any meaning.

6. HomerSimpson

Neither do I, just because I know plenty of people doenst mean anything. You can be in a room with a hundred people and still feel like the only person on earth. Its 3 am and I am still awake because I dread so much in waking up to another day. white I enjoyed running, exercising, and I did it all the time, but now that is losing any meaning. Here is a thread I posted before http://www.suicideforum.com/showthread.php?t=49827

7. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I have several good longtime friends but they are often unavailable, obligated to work or family. I also have ridiculously severe social anxiety so I can't just strike up a conversation with someone in, say, a grocery store but just going into a grocery store, pharmacy or park and walking among people makes me feel worlds better.

I know exactly what you mean about hearing that you are appreciated and thought of. That means the world to me and I wish I heard it more often. Forty one here which bothers me immensely because I still feel say, twenty, and I don't know how the years got away from me.

You enjoy exercising, I enjoy bicycling. When I'm depressed (when am I not?) I ride until I'm ready to drop of an aneurysm. D'oh! Best wishes!

8. noplacetogo

noplacetogo Well-Known Member

I know how you feel. I used to think I was ok being alone, but the more time passes, the more I realize I just want someone there, one person to just love and be loved by. someone to just say "hey, I missed you". It sends you to the brink just thinking about it and you just want to give up because nothing feels worth it anymore. I don't have any constructive advice, all I can say is, I understand.

9. hare

hare Active Member

i can definitely relate. of all emotions, loneliness is always the most severe for me. i, too, know people. but no one knows how i feel, and at the end of the day, i'm alone.
    but trust me, you're not alone. we're not alone. because millions of people feel alone. it's like people build walls around themselves, and feel alone as a result. people don't talk about their emotions with strangers and acquaintances. and naturally, people feel alone because they realize how many thoughts they keep to themselves. but if everyone is alone, no one is alone.
    believe me, YOU'RE NOT ALONE. people may be hard to connect with, but inside we're all similar. loneliness is an unbearable emotion, and we should all do our best to try to rid ourselves of it.

10. notwanting2live

notwanting2live Well-Known Member

I cant relate completely, as i have friends and family as support.. well i fink ive got them there. But i can relate in feeling so lonely. I always feel loney, i can be surrounded by hundreds of people yet i still feel so lonely, and so isolated.

I hope you find someone that you can chat to in reality. For now, you have us, if that is any help?

PM me anytime Take Care Look after yourself x

Xx Sky xX

11. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I feel alone.
    And have friends but still feel alone.
    PM me if you ever want to talk :hug:

12. AnxiousBoy

AnxiousBoy Member

I am also feeling alone. I know lots of people but I still feel alone. I don't know how you feel, but I hope typing here your thoughts frees you in some way.
    Just let it all out.

I need that "I miss you" too. Can't remember anyone ever told me that. It makes me a social monster sometime.
    Maybe all the people around me are scared to say it just like I am.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2008
  13. S.A.D.

S.A.D. Well-Known Member

i CAN RELATE COMPLETELY...I KNOW YOU DON,T KNOW BUT I AM HERE IF YOU EVER NEED ANYONE TO LISTEN..

14. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Being alone is a bitch. It's fourteen years for me! I have pretty much set my mind to not fear being alone. I made a concious thought that I will accept it. Talking on the forum has helped. I have lost it a couple of times but always got good feedback from others here. My therapist talked me into getting a dog to have as a companion. At first I thought why in the hell did I do that, when all I want to do is die.It took about a month for me to start feeling attached to him. Now he is my constant companion. I have let him in side my shell. I hope you find what works for you soon!! We are here for you, please keep posting so we know you are still there.I am sure any one of us would be available to talk to you if you need someone on one talk.. Take Care..

15. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Being alone is a bitch. It's fourteen years for me! I have pretty much set my mind to not fear being alone. I made a concious thought that I will accept it. Talking on the forum has helped. I have lost it a couple of times but always got good feedback from others here. My therapist talked me into getting a dog to have as a companion. At first I thought why in the hell did I do that, when all I want to do is die.It took about a month for me to start feeling attached to him. Now he is my constant companion. I have let him in side my shell. I hope you find what works for you soon!! We are here for you, please keep posting so we know you are still there.I am sure any one of us would be available to talk to you if you need some one on one talk.. Take Care..

16. Random21

Random21 Member

Hey I completely relate to what you are going through. Just got out of a 8 year relationship and am only 20. Havn't slept alone inyears and now every day I wake up alone and wasted. It has to be the hardest thing to deal with being alone and knowing others are alone as well doesn't make it easier. Feel free to write to me if you want. As far as I know we have to learn to be okay being alone before we can ever feel secure in a relationship. Im not there yet either
    Peace

17. Ediciussievol

Ediciussievol Well-Known Member

Good advice there, Random21.

18. Alexpt2

Alexpt2 Well-Known Member

I can relate also. I've been alone for a number of years now and it hurts so much not to have anyone in my life that i'm close too. Its driving me half insane. The worst part of it all is the thought that i'm most likely going to spend the rest of my life alone, which makes me wonder why i even bother sticking around anymore. I mean, if you've got noone to share your life with, whats the point of living?

19. BaZz

BaZz Member

I am the same way wishing for death in my sleep every night. Though the urge of killing myself is feeling nicer as each day passes, with the same shit different day routine.

20. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Wow I feel horrible reading that you are 34 and still lonely. Everyone always expects to have found their special someone by the time they hit 30. I sound like an ass... I'm sorry.

All I can say is that you should either go out and search for someone or find a way to cope with your loneliness. Being alone is hard but it can be overcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.