just started drinking

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by waste of space, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Im having a really shitty day today so I figured id finish up my booze i had left over from this weekend. Im not a big drinker only drink on the weekends with my buddies but shit its really relaxing me. god jack daniels is being good to me right now. pretty fuckin buzzed right now. i mean shit im not any kind of substance abuser but i think this is my only option to keep me mellow when im stung up like this or i could just end it and save the trouble.
  2. kote

kote Account Closed

i feel the same but i have hell to pay for the next day and week. hangover then instability!!!

feels good at the time but then you know you have to pay sometime.

wish i could just block things out in the same way.

3. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Yeah I tried the drinking option didn't like the next day result.
  4. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Have you tried to curb the binge drinker in you? Sometimes it's nice to have one or two drinks a night. Though, that might be what leads somebody into the Hemingway, absinthe in the morning habit.

"There's two types of drunks", he'd say, "French alcoholics and American alcoholics. American alcoholics don't drink every day, but when they do, they drink until they pass out, while French drunks don't drink till they pass out, but they can't not drink."
  5. A_pixie

A_pixie Well-Known Member

I do this, alcohol gets my creative juices flowing at times when I'm writing.

I find a lot of creative or manic people drink to make things either happier and/or a bit less rushed in their head, do you ever feel like that?
  6. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Jack Daniels was never the same from the moment they wussed out from 90 to 86 to 80 proof.

Though I suppose I can't really say anything, given that I've been told not to drink any more, and have not for about a year. Something about 'elevated liver enzymes,' probably due to my hypothyroidism more than my past bahavior, but no more booze for me. :(
  7. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

Well, that sort of absinthe is illegal to manufacture or sell in the US, so it is probably not much of an issue. Apparently there's some sort of absinthe sold here without the potential hallucinogens, but that seems to miss the whole point, I'd assume.
  8. jameslyons

I think it's the same formula. The idea of making absinthe illegal was the assumption that wormwood (or whatever type of wood they use to make it) caused hallucinations, but recent studies in the early nineties proved that it just makes you really really really really intoxicated.

I would love to buy a bottle, but at 40 pounds a pop, it's a bit too expensive for me.:eek:hmy:

The Absinthe in this case can be replaced by Capote's three martini lunch, the Fitzgerald 32 bottles of beer diet, or the ever popular Bukowski "anything goes" habit.
  9. jameslyons

As to alcohol and writing, well...what can I say, it works wonders! That is unless you drink too much and can't concentrate on the page in front of you. But still, I suppose it explains the connection between drinking and writing. Though not exactly writing well.

Just because great writers drink doesn't mean that bad writers write well when drinking. But it sure goes a long way in making you think you're good! :biggrin:
  10. jam1e

jam1e Guest

I've been pissed 3 evenings in a row and think it's great!! Short term anyhow......................:sad:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.