Just tell me what to do.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by HomerSimpson, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomerSimpson

HomerSimpson Well-Known Member

What do you do when your family and home life is what is causing you to be depressed and want to die. Today me and my friends ran a 5k race, and I feel so great being around them. We all finished and won trophies, but as we left and went our seperate ways I started to feel the depression come on, because I knew once I got home the darkness would set in. My friends were calling there husbands, girlfriends, boyfriends, etc to tell them they had won, but I had no one to call to tell because my family could have cared less. I am alone. When I enter my house and I am around my family it just feels every bit of life and hope is sucked out of me. I saw on tv the other night someone make the statement that "You become your enviroment", and that is so true. My enviroment, home life is being around people with negative attitudes who are always moping around depressed, and that rubs off on you, and makes you feel the same way. I have no other choice, I am 33 yo and due to job lay offs I am stiil having to be here. I am back in college where I feel I am just wasteing time, but I am still a ways off before I can leave. So what do I do, how do I keep from wanting to die. I would rather die than to feel this way, because litterally it feels like my life and hope are being sucked away eveytime I am home.

2. danni

danni Chat Buddy

:hug: hun try talking to your family and think on happy thought i know its easy said then do, and hang around your friends and have a good time hun showing you that living is a great thing hun.

3. HomerSimpson

Trust me when I say they are not the type that you talk to, or the type that would care. I lived for 33 years and it has always been this way. I tried to talk to them about my depression before, and there response was "Everybody is depressed so get over it." Being around my friends does show me how life can be, but at the same time it shows me how I am alone and have nothing. I mean please just tell me what can I do. I dont want to die, but I cannot continue to live this way.

4. danni

danni Chat Buddy

interact with new ppl and you wont be alone i promise hun

5. HomerSimpson

I guess the best example would be if you were rich one day and than poor the next day. One day you have it all and the next you have nothing. When I am with my friends I feel great, and I have it all, but when I leave and have to go home to the depressing atmosphere I have nothing and no one.

6. Darkness N Light

Darkness N Light Staff Alumni

Do you have any friends that you could flat share or house share with? What type of work do you usually do? If you ever need to talk I am here for you. I am so sorry that your family is depressed all the time. That is rough to deal with and it does rub off on you some. Take care and I love you. :hug: :cheekkiss :hug: :cheekkiss :hug: :cheekkiss :hug: :cheekkiss

With Love,
    Crystal :hug: :cheekkiss

7. HomerSimpson

I wish, but no. Thank you all for responding, because I needed someone to talk to that would possibly understand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.