Just tired

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Brian777, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Tired of waking up with the darkness of depression, tired of anxiety and not being comfortable in my body.
    Tired of feeling lost and alone. Tired of looking for answers that lead to disappointment. Tired of myself for being so weak. I know it takes work to get well, maybe I'm just too lazy, I don't know. I just turned 64 and wish it were over, I don't want to die really, I want to stay and look after my dog, I know there is beauty in the world and good people. But I'm just tired of the darkness that seems to surround me. I know it'll pass, but right now....in the midst of the feelings......it feels like an eternity.
    Brian

2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Brian I am sorry you feel so bad. It can be exhausting to feel alone and like you are battling towards nothing. I don't know if you are "lazy" or how much work you do to try to get well but I understand how tiring it can be. Have you looked for some way in real life to feel less alone? I went to a couple of 'Meetups" here from Meetup.com and all the other people were in their 50s and 60s and were all very friendly - and said that it was so great to have people to go get dinner with or go for a walk with. Maybe it is worth taking a look?

I hope you feel better and it passes soon *hugs*

Brian777 likes this.
  3. Brian777

Thanks Freya, it'll pass I'm sure. Just having a down day. Hope you're doing well my friend.
    Brian

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Brian, just want to say I am sorry you are feeling so down and so alone, your dog is lucky to have such a great owner who loves them so much.
    You are free to talk to me anytime you want. SF is here for you you are not alone.

Brian777 likes this.
  5. Brian777

Thanks Petal, just having a difficult day. It gets discouraging, yesterday I went to a therapist and felt pretty good after. Then I wake up this morning and it's like I'm back to square one. I'm so glad I have SF to come to where people understand. Just the fact knowing I'm not alone helps me through the rough times and of course my dog, I love her so much. I feel bad for her when I'm like this, cause I know she picks up on my depression, but she always stays by my side and loves me anyway. Thank you for your caring and encouragement. I believe the most loving and compassionate people are those who go through the greatest suffering. Bless you my friend and hope you're well today.
    Brian

6. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Hi Brian. I'm sorry to hear you're having a bad day. But I hope it all gets better once you get some rest perhaps? Have you tried going for a walk and get some air? I know it's not a complete cure but I know it sometimes helps me to get out a bit...
    Enjoy spending time with your dog, having a pet is a precious thing; she sounds like she's a very loving dog.

Be kind to yourself, and also know it's okay to have 'off days' sometimes... don't beat yourself up over feeling tired and down today.

*hugs*

Brian777 likes this.
  7. Brian777

Thank you my friend and you were right, I lay down and rested for awhile and I do feel better. I guess we really do get tired mentally and physically. I have to be more understanding to myself. Bless you and I hope you are feeling better.
    Brian

8. Jenumbra

Jenumbra SF Supporter

Hi Brian, mornings are the worst, very difficult to deal with thoughts and get out of bed. I absolutely sympathize with you, even when I've had a good day, the next morning I'm back in the pit again. I also worry about being lazy or lacking willpower, but we must be gentle and give ourselves credit for what we can do. I also recommend Meetup, there might be some dog walking groups, supports groups, anything else you might think of.

Take care,
    Jen

Brian777 likes this.
  9. Brian777

Thanks Jen, I'm learning that I can't push it and have to just let it be. I'll check out the site you recommended, I'm doing a lot of stuff online now just to get out of myself. The low energy is dibilitating at times. Thank you for your suggestion and I hope you're feeling well.
    Brian

Jenumbra likes this.
  10. Jenumbra

Jenumbra SF Supporter

Have you had a blood panel recently? Sometimes low energy can be from thyroid issues, low vitamin d, or something else. Your welcome and thanks. :)

ThePhantomLady and Brian777 like this.
  11. Brian777

I should get blood work done Jen, another good suggestion :) thank you. I've been letting everything go this past few months.

Jenumbra likes this.
  12. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Jenumbra is on to something! Are you getting enough protein and iron in your diet as well? I often have that problem and had to take iron tablets... because I don't eat right.

Brian777 and Jenumbra like this.
  13. Brian777

Yes I haven't been eating right for some time