Just To Think...

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Xalcro, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xalcro

Xalcro Well-Known Member

I had a dream a couple of nights ago... Well, I'm not sure, if it was even a dream or a nightmare. A nightmare... no, that's not even right. The word nightmare just conjures up the image of scary monsters or whatever the heck. This wasn't a nightmare. It made me cry though...

Restless...

I don't remember how it began exactly. I think... there was a steep hill, and 'my house' a little higher up. We were in the backyard, it was elongated due to the landscape. Lots of dead branches and trees and such.

The house wasn't really mine, it was white, one of those stupid English cottage type things but with two floors, slightly more modern, but I hated it. It's just in dreams sometimes you know what's 'your house' and 'your room', even if it isn't parallel to reality.

There was some girl in the yard next door. A little younger than I was, I think... she managed to do something to piss me off, but I can't remember what it was. I went inside, holding you by the wrist and pulling you back with me. And then there was... I think there were quite a few adults in the main room, my parents included. Only a glimpse though, we went up the stairs and to my room. Heh, you could barely call it a room, the whole thing was like made of old wood, some stupid little bed... I don't really remember.

A blank spot over here, I don't remember exactly what happened... The bed seemed to have tripled in size, and we were both laying down on it, under the cover. I was stroking your chest gently, watching you, and you gazed back with those eyes... it was like falling under a spell. I felt so alive when I was with you, and I could just forget everything.

It didn't last though... I remember pulling the cover up over your body, and then standing up. I'd heard footsteps, and my mom, I think, came in. I don't remember anything here... she wasn't even my mom, she looked different, but just in here, playing a role...

Another blank space here... I couldn't find you anymore, and then suddenly the whole setting changed. There was some massive lawn, and a huge building the opposite side, almost like the White House, but that's pretty stupid. A small basement shack type thing, and some other building... I don't remember anything. Just running, racing after you... It was a chase, and I was so desparate...

I really don't remember anymore. I've missed out bits, I can remember there was one time where we were both standing up, I was holding your hand and leaning against you... another perfect moment, wrapped in the warmth of your embrace...

But the last... I just remember, continuously running. I could feel it, in the dream, like sometimes I would be so close, you would have been here some twenty seconds ago. But you kept trying to get away from me, I couldn't understand it. It really broke my heart... There was like... at last... I don't really remember... I was running down the path across the lawn... and there was something written in the sky, I think... a message from you, except now I don't remember what it was. I just remember giving up then, dropping to the floor. A couple of my friends were there, but they weren't serving any purpose...

The last section of the dream, was in my house. And... you had your webcam on. Was strange, the whole thing was pretty surreal... well, lol, it's a dream, I guess. You were like going home from work or something...? It was snowing, pretty hard, and you were wearing a long black trenchcoat. Started walking down this path, and I was still seeing you as if through a webcam. I thought you were just going to get farther and farther away, but the cammage sort of followed you. I could see your figure all the way along... There was something strange here, like some water through some sort of underground... something. You walked right through it though... I was going to follow, it was still as if I was through the webcam, but I was physical, I could move and stuff, I just couldn't touch you or close the gap between us...

I remember slowly submerging myself under the water... it was strange, really strange. You had walked right through like you could breathe it in and everything, but to me it was like normal water.

But suddenly, I raised my head out of the water and I wasn't in that setting anymore, I was at home, in front of my laptop. My dad was watching me, and I'd sensed his presence a little while before...

Call me stupid, but at that second, I was really, actually afraid of him. He had some look in his eye, a glint of malice, and he was smiling. I don't remember what he said exactly, but somehow I knew that... he knew all about us. And he'd returned to his laptop, said something... He spoke is password out loud, it was something like 'red... something', I don't remember now. And it was almost like... he was giving me a key to go delete whatever information he had on there, because he had all of our convos, our emails. But then he'd have it backed up on his hard drive too, wouldn't he?

That's when I woke up... I was really shaking, restless, because it just felt like I had lost you...

I didn't try and test the password. I'm not stupid. Only a dream... just a dream. Like all else, reality, pursuing a dream...

No-one's going to read this. Might as well post it anyway... but... heh, nothing.

Regardless of losing you in that dream... I would like to experience it all over again... because those two moments, being so close to you, were to die for.

I wish to see you again... off in our own little world, our land of dreams... I await.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.