just tried to overdode on aspirin

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by virgin78, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. virgin78

virgin78 New Member

i made a feable attempt at suicide a few hours ago i downed a bunch of aspirin. i would have tried something else but unforrtunately there's nothing in the house. i just want the pain to end, and i have lost the will to live. i have been in major depression now for a week. my girlfriend broke up with me a week ago, and i loved her. i'm 28 years old, and she was the only girl i ever dated. since then i can't watch tv, i can't sleep, i walk around like a zomby. nothing is enjoyable anymore. this doesn't just have to do with my girlfriend dumping me. i'm sure i could find somebody else, but i can't get rid of these suicidal thoughs that i'm having. an odd kind of peace came over me when i thought about killing myself. so i will probably try to do it again.
  2. MrDepressed

MrDepressed Guest

I am sorry to hear about your loss and your suicidal feelings... events like this can be deeply triggering to the darkness that resides in us, so I agree that the break up is not the reason, but I would say that it triggered in you what the real issue is.. have you thought of seeking counsel from a professional? It may help you to get off your chest what you need to...
    And welcome to the Forum, I hope you find good company here.
  3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I used to do this a lot. And let me tell you, it has horrible side effects. I suggest that you go and get yourself checked out, at the very least at the doctors. It can cause awful complications in your stomach, and with your blood too.

Have you got any professional help for how you feel? Have you been to the doctors? they can offer you lots of support and help that could make you feel a lot better.

I am sorry about your girlfriend. It is natural for you to feel bad, you are grieving for her and what you had. Allow yourself to grieve honey. It's very early days, so try to hang in there. Have you thought about therapy?

Sounds like you and her had someone very special. But she doesn't have to be the only girl you have dated. There are plenty more special women out there that would be lucky to date you, and that you want to date, I am sure.

This sounds characteristic of depression, please go and see your doctor. Maybe you could print off what you wrote on this post and show your doctor how you are feeling.

It's good that you know you could find someone else. Other than the suicidal thoughts, is there anything else? You said that it is not just about your girlfriend, is there anything else you would like to talk about?

Suicidal thoughts can often come with depression, so, again, I suggest that you go to the docs to help you.

There are other, better, ways to get inner peace.

Hang in there and keep fighting.
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...I agree with Scum that you need to be seen by a doctor and ask both about your physical condition and about the feelings you are having...there are so many effective treatments and it would be a shame if you did not try them...please let us know how you are doing and stay with us...there are many ppl here who understand what you are going through...big hugs
  5. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Sorry I don't have loads of insight at the moment, I wish I did for your sake, but I can tell you one thing. ODing on Asprin, IBprofen and etc are not the way. I'm not saying you should kill yourself at all, because I hope you make it... But what has been mentioned about will probably not be a instant death you want, you can mess your liver and kedneys up fairly easily with that, so it makes your last 'years' very painful. I know how terribly painful it is living the rest of your life that way, my grandfather lived the rest of his life in that manner, please don't do that again hun. If you ever need to talk you can PM me anytime. And my MSN and Yahoo contact details are in my profile. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.