Just tried to purge

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Hithere13, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hithere13

Hithere13 Member

It never happened, all I brought up was some water and I got really quite scared, but I know I'll try it again.

I'm not obese but I'm certainly not thin, 140 pounds and 5"4.

I already binge like crazy and don't eat at other times of the day.

Confused.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I would stop while you can You will cause damage to your esophagus acid will rot your teeth not a pretty site. Talk to your doctor about getting help from nutritionist okay don't do anymore damage to you

3. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

Why do u do this to yourself ,hunny?your weight Is okay.

4. KimKim

KimKim Well-Known Member

I unterstand that you want to lose weight. but purging won't make you thinner. Becase you will eat even more by thinking it doesn't matter, I'll throw it up anyway."
    On top of that I's verry demaging for your throat, teeth and stomach.
    I woud suggest trying a slow method to lose weigh...for example "weight watchers"
    That sounds strange out of the...fingers xD of a person that has such an unhealthy diet and tries to become as slim as posiible in a few month xD
    But if you are atracted to binging (i'm not...i just don't "need" food o_O), weight watchers is great for you.
    You get a list that tells you about the so called "point" you are allowed to eat eacht day and how many points groceries have.
    You can eat anything you want to! you just have to count and if needed leave other meals out for cake or something...
    hope this is helpfull^^

5. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

I would stop while you're ahead also. You can do damage to your Esophagus and probably puncture it. I was watching a show that is call Whats Eating You ? It comes on the Style Network well it was talking about a Anorexic who's named Nickey her whole Eating Disorder started when some boys bothered her sexually. The other hand was on a Bulimic who's named was Amanda and she would just gorge herself and than go and purge the food up both of these individuals were seeing Therapists and they were helping them but Amanda at the end it said she resumed purging I suppose she didn't want the help. It was a really interesting show. I don't think you're overweight being 140lbs at 5'4 you're a perfect weight don't think you're fat and start this whole purging because once you get started you can't stop and its hard to seek help from being a purger. We are here to help you and you can count on us to help you also. Please don't purge you should be scared because you're hurting your inside organs you're going to purge up blood next if you keep this kind of activity up. You must have a loving Father/Mother who loves you and doesn't want this is happen to you. Don't end up like Amanda who didn't want to seek help because she was too far gone to accept help. What made me sad about Amanda was her mother was trying to help her but she finally said she's giving her last ditch effort. She brought her mother to tears that really hurt me when her Mom was crying and I could understand her she didn't want her daughter to die. I know your parents may not know that you want to purge..... but you need real help sweety

6. chaotic

chaotic New Member

don't start purging.
    i've been purging for many years now, it has done a lot of damage to my body.
    yes, you will lose weight by doing it, my fiancee has severe bulimia and she is severely underweight, but is being thin worth dying over?
    do it healthily if you really feel you need to lose weight.
    but i sense this is a low self esteem issue, in which case id recommend seeing a doctor.

7. RainbowDust.

RainbowDust. Well-Known Member

Basically, what chaotic said, wise words
    <3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.