Just turned 20. Still alone.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Meta, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meta

Meta Well-Known Member

Just had my 20th birthday. Spent it alone, like all of them. Five, maybe six years just sitting alone and afraid. Maybe it was all 20 years.
    Feels so futile and I've got no idea what I can do. I've posted about my family before, they don't help. No one helps.
    I feel so pathetic even typing this but I just need to say something to anyone. I've spent all my time alone; feels like I've already given up everything. They've given me all kinds of medication but it doesn't help.
    I wish I could talk to someone. But there's no one around, no one listens to me. No one would take notice unless xxx hospital or something.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2011
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and belated happy birthday...hope you go into chat or post and try to meet people here...also, maybe there is someone you can speak to professionally to explore why you are alone and what you can do to find the company you deserve...J
  3. The Scream

The Scream Well-Known Member

Happy belated birthday, and sorry you had to spent it on your own :hug:

you can PM me anytime if you want to chat =]
  4. Meta

Meta Well-Known Member

Thanks. Happy late or pre-emptive birthdays to you, too.
    Sorry, just get in these moods.

Just noticed the censors on my comment back there. Sorry, didn't mean anything by it.
  5. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Happy Belated Birthday to you, Meta. I know how you feel - I turn 21 in July and have felt empty and alone for the majority of my life too. It's awful getting older and watching the years fly by and nothing changing in your life.

If you ever need to talk, or just need someone to listen to you, you can PM me at any time; I'd be more than happy to lend an ear (eye?).
  6. SuperJerk

SuperJerk Account Closed

I'm older than 20 and I feel so alone too.
  7. Meta

Meta Well-Known Member

I should have done something, shouldn't I? But no, I already hated myself for spending my 18th alone. It's not even my actual birthday that matters, I don't even care about birthdays, but I should have someone in my life who DOES care about it...or sees it as an excuse to get drunk. There isn't even someone around to NOT give interest in me.
    There's no one. Don't have a damn soul.
  8. clairedelune

clairedelune Well-Known Member

Hey, Happy Birthday! How about a forum birthday party just for you? You're not alone. We're here. Talk to us.
  9. Babyboy09

Babyboy09 Member

Hey meta I feel the same I just had my birthday last week and I spent it by myself. Just made me realize how alone I feel even when im with family. But in a way i think its better to not have any friends than to have "friends" that will stab u in the back the first chance they get.

And if you ever want to talk to anybody you can always pm me i know how the loneliest loneliness feels like.
  10. Yarrick2k5

Yarrick2k5 Member

Don't worry too much about it, I spent my 22nd birthday three weeks alone, went out by myself and went and saw Tron. It's strange being in a cinema alone, but to me. I feel good when I'm watching a film alone.
  11. hey man happy b day, even though this was a few days ago. mine was this month and i am 20 to. yeah seems like all these years things just dont change.
  12. gamergirl

gamergirl Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday hun i hope you find some good people in your life to spend the rest of your birthdays with. i know you will.
  13. Meta

Meta Well-Known Member

Better to be alone than in bad company. I admire your cynicism, my friend.
  14. melamori

melamori New Member

i know exactly how you feel.
    I'm alone aswell, it's such a horrible feeling. I don't get calls, or texts, nobody invites me to parties, or if they do, they don't really get sad when I don't attend.
    It's my 19th in 2 days, nobody even knows.
  15. Ed.

Ed. Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday \0/ Congratulations on making it through this crazy world for 20 whole years!

Edit: Sometimes, I find, you gotta go after what you want by yourself, if you want a party or a celebration or just a drink with people you know, sometimes you gotta do it yourself, instead of wallowing around feeling sorry for yourself that nobody has called or nobody cares.

Make your own party and invite some friends, or just anybody that you might know just a tiny bit heh just be like "hey its my birthday next week/tomorrow fancy going out for a drink? fancy going bowling?" or something like that...

It doesn't matter how small or short or even how lame it is, the important thing is making the effort, yeah it sucks that nobody remembers/cares about your birthday, but hey if you be a little pro-active this year you might get closer to people you know and next year they will celebrate your birthday without you having to do a thing! \0/ yayy!
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2011
  16. Chalmers

Chalmers Well-Known Member

Felt that way for a long time. Took many years but I met someone and now I have a son. Depressed about other things now, but I did find someone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.