Just venting

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ZombiePringle, Oct 20, 2013.

1. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Everything just seems so out of whack lately. I am working my ass off at work and just getting almost no respect from the people I work with. My relationship of almost 3 years is failing and I have no idea what to do anymore. Everything I have worked at for the past couple years is just falling apart. I have pushed and pushed but I can't hold myself together. All I have wanted is to have a normal life and it just won't happen for me. Sorry.... Just had to vent somehow.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

don't be sorry hun i am sorry that work is not appreciating you Your relationship hun can still be saved have you thought abt couple counseling it does help

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Sorry for the rough time you are having right now. It does seem like things seem to pile on during the rough times. Part of it is bad timing or bad luck and when several things happen at once it is very hard to deal with, and part of it is when there is already one problem (for example a relationship problem) things that normally would be little more than irritating take on a much greater magnitude (possibly work issues, or other friends).

I obviously cannot offer much in way of constructive advice about the relationship or respect at work as it sounds like you are well established in both know far better than a random stranger making guesses at what to do - but I would offer a reminder that we sometimes forget ourselves.

Focus your energies on what you can actually affect. Take a hard look at all the things going on in your life right now and evaluate each issue from the viewpoint of what you could do yourself to bring about the change you want to happen. When things are really piling up it is easy to spend a lot of energy and strength on things we cannot realistically control ourselves and then we have nothing left for working on the things we can control. This is hard to do because often the things we want most to change we cannot control directly. We cannot control the actions of another person as an example, but sometimes we can control out own actions they are reacting to.

Then the really hard part is deciding for ourselves if we want to change our own actions or not. The fact is, sometimes we did nothing wrong at all or sincerely believe we are right. Then deciding if it is fair to yourself to try to change anyway is an exercise in weighing which is having a greater toll on ourselves- changing something we do not believe needs or should be changed, or going ahead and changing something anyway even if not really justified because the resulting changes in others reactions are still worth it.

Take Care and Be Safe

Ben