Just waiting

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by pongo, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pongo

pongo Member

Hi, first post here.

Lately I feel like there's no point to anything I do. I feel this way because I keep thinking that I am just working up the courage to end my life.

I've suffered from severe social anxiety my entire life with depression off and on, but this is the first time in my life I've felt suicidal. At its worst I know if there was just some magical pill I could take that would end me instantly and painlessly I would take it, but I don't have such a thing and I'm still too scared to try any other way, for now.

My social anxiety usually extends to the internet as well, this being the first post I've ever made on any forum because of my fear of being judged and mocked, but this seemed like a great place to open up. I'd welcome any PMs since I am much more comfortable talking one on one.
  2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Hi Pongo,
    Well first of all you definitely won't be judged or mocked here and well done for having the guts to join up and post. First post is never easy (I was so scared of even joining also!).
    I'm sorry to hear about the way you are feeling, have you ever tried taking meds or tried any sort of therapy?
    It's not for everybody, one-to-one therapy certainly didn't work for me, but group therapy did and it helped with my anxiety also. But it's a very difficult step to take.

Please don't end your life though. :( If you want to PM and chat I'm around all the time also
  3. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

hey .. welcome 2 the forum..
    sorry ur feeling this way .. :hug: i feel it all 2 often ..
    ppl here are really nice .. i hope u will continue 2 post ..
    feel free 2 pm me also if u like .. x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.