Just Want Some... I Don't Know Confidence.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Forgotten_Man, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

This seems like the most approripate place to post this thread.

So I hate asking for encouragement... but things have not been going my way recently. I am job hunting and I have been turned down for every job I have had an interview for. That is depressing, however, tomorrow I have an interview meal with the president of a company who said that the company really liked me. I mean they said the interview went really well. This company is a remote office company so I am the only person in my area. The president just happens to be passing through.

Maybe it is just my skepticism. I mean... every other recruiter/HR person said that they really liked what they heard on the phone. Yet... every time I get to the real life interview. It is determined that I am not good enough. So I get all excited and happy, then boom I crash back down. This has happened 3 times in the past month. I get built up really good. I mean... one company flew me out and spent $1000 on me to give me an interview. Then turned me down the other company seemed to like me. I knew my stuff, but I guess I was not a good office fit... maybe it is because I have trouble focusing my eyes... I do not know... that is just how I am... the third company just sort of gave me a test and was done with it. So I am pretty depressed. Especially since I have not received a return call from any recruiters who I have failed an interview for.

So I do not know.. I really want this new job. It would be the perfect job for a loser like me. I would almost never have to leave home. However, I am anxious... it is not every day the president of a company comes to see you... if he does not like me then I am back to square one. I am really starting to hate my current job. I really hope I get this one. The guys on the phone sounded really impressed. However, now I have to add etiquette to this... I do not know... every time I screw up in the live interview. It is just depressing. I get so hopeful and no one wants me. It is just like my life.

So yeah I am venting about trivial nonsense... I know most people would kill to be in my position in this economy. If you want to kill me let me know I have no problem arranging appearing somewhere to let you. However, I could just use something to make me feel like I have this job. I mean one company spent $1000 on me just for an interview then turned me down... now I am meeting with the company president. I want to take that as a good sign.. but... I do not know how to take it.

Thanks for reading... I know I am a waste of space. Complaining about not possibly getting a job when I have plenty of other recruiters trying to get me interviews.. thanks...

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Sorry to hear that the job search hasn't gone well for you. You said that this next job sounds promising, so that's good. I hope that things will work out for the best and you do get the job. If not, don't give up the search, because you will find the right job for you eventually. You said you have trouble with the interview process, just try to remain relaxed and don't try too hard. Just be friendly and answer things to the best of your ability. You aren't a loser or a waste of space. Everyone gets on tough times and you will get through them. Just hope for the best and keep going for what you want in life.

3. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear that your job searching hasn't been going well. I hope you get into the job that sounds promising, and hopefully it'll work out for you and that you'll enjoy it. The interview process is stressful but the major goal is just stay calm, and answer the interviewers questions, and give thoughtful responses. They don't have to be fancy because most of the time employers are looking for the ones who will work hard. I also don't believe your a waste of space, and Christy is right we do go through tough times.. However, there overcome-able with time. I hope you keep going forward and continue to do what you want in life. Pm me if you want someone to talk to or chat with. :hug:

Trevor,

4. Forgotten_Man

Well, I survived the interview. I would say I have a good feeling about this one. However, history's shown when that is the case. I am not going to get the job. I can be hopeful I guess. All I can do now is wait. Thanks for the replies.

5. Tmacster1

Your welcome :hug: All you can do is wait now. I hope that you get the job though, and that's good that you made it through the interview. Lets hope the boss will hire you. If not, than you can always try a different one. Thanks for touching back and lets hope you get the job :)

Trevor,

6. Forgotten_Man

Well, they want to fly me out for an interview at their HQ. This is officially where I screw things up. Last time, All my phone stuff went really well. According to the HR people. Then I flew out there and interviewed. That is when everything went downhill. I hate this the most about interviews. You do so awesome in the beginning only to be let down miserably at the end. Which will hurt more this time since I really want this job.

7. Tmacster1

Agreed... I can understand why you would feel more miserable if you didn't get the job. Interviews are just to see if your capable to work that job. But seeming like that you really want the job I can sense your going to do well at it. Your a lucky one to get the interview though... Because no very many people who applied got that interview that you did. People who did get the interview are likely candidates who are also after the same job... I agree you do well during the interview process than get let down in the end. But, sometimes that's not always the case, and lets hope you get the job. :hug:

Trevor,

8. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I think that if you really want the job, show them and tell them that you can do it really well. Try not to let the previous companies' interviews influence you now. Maybe they turned you down because the universe was pushing for you to get this new opportunity. Psych yourself up positively for the interview and remind yourself why you are the best person for the job. Then go ace the interview! Good luck - I've got my fingers crossed for you :)

9. Tmacster1

I'm keeping my fingers cross as well that you get this job that you want so much :) Agreed maybe those jobs weren't meant to be because the universe didn't want you to have them. Acy is right you are the best person for the job, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I'll keep hoping/praying that you get the job though.

Trevor,

10. Forgotten_Man

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys. I am doing my best to stay optimistic. However, it is very hard. They are not going to be able to get me out there till the 31st. This time around I can work it so I only need one day off. However, it is just nerve raking because I go into another mode when I am interviewing. To be honest, I barely remember the interview... it is almost like when I drink and black out. What actually happened is hazy.

That is one of my defense mechanisms. When I have to be professional I can just snap on a persona and go with it. However, then what happened becomes hazy. I guess I can take hope in the fact that when I was being interviewed. The president was taking notes on all the stuff he had not heard of. So I am giving him free consulting... I hope that helps. I do not know... I was really hoping this would be the one. Being stuck at a job I hate for another month is going to kill me...

At least there is no shortage of offers. I had to change my phone plan so I could have more minutes on my phone. Because I went over my limit by 240 minutes or $120 last month alone. I am just stressed out... I will try to remain optimistic. As hard as it is. I take solace in the fact that I am probably one of the cheaper guys with my knowledge and experience.

I will try to focus on the prize. Stuff like being able to live wherever I want. Maybe being relocated to the UK or even Japan if I am lucky. Working from home, I can be as reclusive as a loser like me needs to be. Lots of utilities will get paid for. All that kind of stuff. However, it is really hard when you always get to this point and screw it up.

Thanks for the encouragement and hope though.

11. Tmacster1

Your welcome :hug: I'll keep it in my prayers that you get the job. :) At least your staying optimistic and lets hope that you do get it.. I guess that's all we can do is hope.

Trevor,

12. Forgotten_Man

Yeah the worst part about not being the one deciding things... all I can do is hope.

13. Tmacster1

That's true - hopefully the person who makes the final decision picks you. All we can do now is just hope... I'm sure the decision maker will find you out to be the best candidate for the job.

Trevor,

14. Forgotten_Man

Yeah, or maybe I can hope they are desperate and need me now. He did mention they had an IMMEDIATE need.

15. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

Just think of it like this: interviewers don't want to see you fail. They are spending time and money on you, so they would have no reason to.

16. Forgotten_Man

Normally I would think of it like that. However, I have already traveled for one interview and not been chosen. The company spent around $1100 on my to fly me out, put me up in a hotel, and hire a real estate agent to give me a tour of the town. Yet they decided to not hire me....:(

17. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

That's weird that they would do all that and not hire you. But please don't let it get you down, you will find the job that is the right fit for you. Just keep looking and don't give up hope.

18. Tmacster1

Don't let this get you down because in the end it was the decision of the decision maker. It kind of sucks that they did all that for you and didn't hire you. But, at least you tried to get that job because I know that you tried and that you wanted that job really badly. I hope if you look and get another job interview that you will get hired.

Trevor,

19. Forgotten_Man

@Witty_Sarcasm: I according to the person who would have been my boss they are a multi-billion dollar company. I guess they have the change to spare. They also did not have the incentive to keep me because they would have had to relocate me. I hope this job is the right one. I mean if I get it I can disappear... good old remote offices.

@Tmacster1: At least I know that there are plenty of jobs out there. It is good to have a skill that is in high demand. Then again that makes you lazy... I just wait around for recruiters to call me. I mean I have not actually looked for a job since I posted my resume. Then again, with the number of calls I have received... well... you would think I would have one.

20. Tmacster1

Hmm... That's true but at least you posted your resume and been getting calls. Hopefully the next job you get you'll get into it... It's a bummer deal that you didn't get the job you wanted. Hopefully you can get the next one that pops up... I don't think your lazy - you posted your resume which has to show for something.

Trevor,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.