just want to be normal

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by sarahg, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahg

sarahg Well-Known Member

jusy want to wake of a morning and feel........alive
    just want to smile at the sun
    just want to be able to laugh
    just want to be normal
  2. Hey. Welcome to the forum.

I know exactly how you feel and what you want. At some point in our lives, we will all feel like that. You can do all of those things. They are all achievable. All you got to do is try. We are all here for you hun :hug:

Hope you don't mind me asking, but it can help sometimes to know why you feel how you do... So... Why are you down? What has happened?

Hope you're ok hun. PM me if you ever need to talk.

3. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I know how you feel Sarah. Is there any reason why you're depressed? I mean, a home situation etc. Have you seen a doctor about how you feel? If you want a chat anytime you're welcome to PM me or catch me in chat if I'm in there. :hug:
  4. Guy Incognito XI

Guy Incognito XI Well-Known Member

I wanted to be better than normal. I hated the idea of being wallpaper, or another face in the crowd. I strived for excellence in everything. Now I wish I was Mr Average, the guy with normal prospects, a normal life and normal thoughts.

Normal may not be great objectively...normal is just normal, yet looking at normality from where I stand normaility would be pretty good.

To be normal for a day. I would like that.
  5. Greenforest

Greenforest Well-Known Member

I hate when some teenagers try so hard to be something special. They dress strange and act against their own personality just to look cool. They should live a day in my or someone elses body to really know what it is like to be stranger. It's not cool.

I too wish I could be normal, that no one even looked at me or noticed I am there. I'd like to be no one.
  6. Stylez

Stylez Well-Known Member

Even though I don't feel normal I seriously feel normal is a state of mind as is being happy, sad, etc. Sarah you are alive to all your friends and to me. You should tell this stuff to your doctor and all your other thoughts, you'll feel much better. Again I'm sorry for your loss, I hope you well.

And stay smiling even if it's only when you laugh...Hope you well. I wish I could feel like shit just so you could feel better. A first post revealing this is hard to do....glad you made it to the forums. And KEEP POSTING... :)
  7. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

I completely understand what you are saying about wanting to wake up and feel alive. I just don't think there is such thing as "normal" What is normal?? how do we define normal?? I don't think normalcy exists in our world b/c our world is screwed up. I'd like to find a happy balance in my life. Just inner peace would suffice.

8. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Like Kanani said, what is normal? We are all different. We are all individuals. We all have different morals and emotions. I guess some people see being 'normal' as being perfect. We are all normal, we just have problems in our lives.
  9. Normal is what you make it. :D
  10. Erebos

Erebos Well-Known Member

Paradoxical. Our simultaneous natural urge to conform and our endless efforts to stand out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.