Just want to get this off my chest

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Adamski, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adamski

Adamski New Member

My life is fine, I live in a small expanding city. If life could be quantified, I'd be safe to say mine is better than that of others in my area.

I used to be terrified of death. I am an atheist, and so I view death as the end of my existence forever. Though that is a great motivation to stay away from anything remotely dangerous. I've actually even opened up a seperate bank account, where I deposit 10% of my paycheck, and am saving it up to purchase a plan to be frozen at my death to provide a possibility of being "resurrected" (cryogenics).

However, I've been tempted recently to commit suicide. I've really just been thinking about it. I mean, it sure would be nice to find out for sure about what happens to you after death. It could be so easy too. [EDIT. Not sure if I sould discuss it specifically here. But basically the human body is so fragile.] Of course, I'm much to afraid to kill myself, and I really would rather live and make a positive impact on the world.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...it is not unusual to think about su at one point in one's life...it is what we do with our thinking, our actions, that are paramount...glad you are much more invested in living and hope you find a way to make that positive impact...do let us know...welcome again, J

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Every ones beleifs are different. My self I think you live many lives until you finally get it right. I use to try and follow native american beleifs. Where they beleive everyting is alive, rocks, trees, you name it. Life was so easy for them until the whiteman showed up! As far as death is concerned i have no fear,I am more than ready to move on. well take care...:chopper:

4. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

Hold that thought.

5. mittens

mittens Active Member

that made me chuckle for some reason.

im going to have to bum a dollar or two when we're back

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.