Just want to say thank you

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Abbadon, Dec 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abbadon

Abbadon Member

I don`t spend a lot of time on here, but when I do, I usually just read threads. I`m a bit too shy and I`m not really good at the art of conversation to really interact with anyone on here. I see a lot of words of encouragement being thrown around as a response to those who are in pain. I`m not really sure how to take those words...they seem fake to me, but maybe that`s just me. One thing`s for sure though, even if you don`t mean those words, I appreciate the effort to throw them out there, a lot of people wouldn`t do the same. I`m guess I`m just looking for the positive in all of this. Thank you to the mods and people who support others and keep on keeping on.

2. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

Some may not care, but I know that there are a lot of people here that really do care about helping others.

3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

:hug:

If one don't mean the words they bother to type and press send, it would not be typed out and replied to. To some degree there is caring.

People here do mean what they say or they would not say anything at all. That's my take on it. If I don't care I would more likely not come in here and bother to interact with others, that's only me I don't know about others. It's nice to see long time members being around.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm feeling a small bit anxious so was not going to reply but I have been here years and you don't even have to be here years to see that people really do care. It's lovely to see people reaching out and people being there for them, I do not think they'd respond if they didn't care and other times they do and just don't have the words.... many of those here care... :hug:

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

If it were not for the words people share here i would have given up so many years ago
    I am glad you are conversing with us now and hope you continue to do so take care of you ok

6. Abbadon

Abbadon Member

Then I`m glad that I stand corrected. Maybe I was just projecting, perhaps some lack of empathy on my part. My apologies if I offended anyone, it was not my intention. Thanks again, and have a good night.

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You didn't offend me anyway and I hope our views will make you feel more comfortable posting for support for yourself in the future. Hugs :)

8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No one is offended hun glad you were able to speak what you were feeling here so you can get feed back on your thoughts

9. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Wasn't offended one bit. Have a good night

10. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Thank you for the kind words Abbadon. That's makes this site, supporting everyone in their hour of need. Life is tough but we need someone to turn too when we feel all alone.

11. Husky

Husky Well-Known Member

Hi Abbadon, Thank you for your kind words. I wasn't offended either and thank you for your encouragement of people on this forum. Husky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.