Just want to walk away

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Lone, Oct 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lone

Lone Member

Hi, I'm new here but I am desperate to find someone to help as I am finding it more and more difficult to keep going. I have had episodes of depression in the past but this is the worst I have felt and my GP has put me on Mirtazapine which is making me feel awful and I am just told to hang until they work but I can't see that as the side effects are just something else to add to my difficulties and my only answer is to just finish.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No when the med kicks in you will be happy you stuck it out okay it takes about 4-6 weeks ask GP if can have something to counteract the side effects until the med is built up in your system keep talking here to okay soon yu will see you did good to get on something to take the depressive thoughts away Hang on okay.
  3. Screaminginsilence

Screaminginsilence Well-Known Member

I was on Mirtazapine when i first went to the doctors with depression, that made me feel abit dizzy (almost like sea sickness i think), i was then put on Citolapram which i didn't really get on, then i was put onto Fluxetine 20mg a day which helped a little and i have been on Flux. 40mg a day for a while now and it really does help

Hang on in there, each day will get easier - make sure you book your follow up appointment with your doctor and go and tell them honestly how you are feeling

I dont know what else to say apart from i have been there, worn the tshirt, got the knickers, got the flag, and it does get better you need to dig deep and find that little bit of strength and self worth you have (which is there - find it) and you can keep going

It does get easier - it just takes time finding out which meds are best for you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.