just wanted to talk a bit

Discussion in 'Bullying and Violence' started by ish_me153, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ish_me153

ish_me153 Well-Known Member

As long as I can remember I've been bullied, and it's had more of an effect on me then you'd expect because I suffered child abuse when I was younger...my father used to throw me down the stairs, hit me, kick me and burn my hands with coffee to make sure I knew not to touch his coffee.
    Last year I had braces, and everyone in my class would call me football field for some gay reason, and it gradually got worse and worse. Then my friend and I had a fight, and she ended up bending back my fingers until they almsot broke.
    I ended up changing schools, and at the start of the year I was getting bullied on the school bus. It got to the point where I started catching the public bus, then walking to school. Everything's settled down now, which I'm grateful for. And I have thought about self-harm, but I soon changed my mind because I don't want everyone to think that I was doing it because I just wanted attention.
    And I just posted this because I'm still trying to look back and realize how far I've come, and seeing this it's quite a long way in just two years.
  2. derbygirl

derbygirl Chat and Forum Buddy

For any person, to reflect upon past experiences in the way that you have is a great strength and test of maturity for somebody your age.
    Theres no doubt the pain you have experienced, so you are one of those shining beacon of hope for other teens who are bullied.

To be tormented, and crushed by other people but still trudge on, you have strengthened yourself to cope when life throws a sharp dip in the future.

:hug: If at any time you need to talk about anything in the world, random or need a helping hand.You can talk to me any time through msn

Keep up the progress hun...
  3. ish_me153

Thank you for saying that, but that's only one page in the book that is my life...if that even. Like I said, I suffered child abuse when I was younger at the hands of my father, but what I didn't mention is in a topic posted in the Rape & Abuse board under 'Do you ever have flashbacks?'...but thankfully my life has taken a turn for the better, and I don't feel so depressed anymore =] And it helps that I'll be moving to New Zealand next year, so I can start anew.
  4. derbygirl

derbygirl Chat and Forum Buddy

Folding a single page is significant progress.

I glad life is beginning to look a little brighter for you.

Good luck with your move to NZ

5. ish_me153

Thanks for the support :laugh: it helps that my boyfriend knows most of my past and is very understanding of it all...I'm rather lucky to have someone like him in my life. And I know it. I'm not rubbing it in or anything, and if it seems that way then I'm sowwy...yes, I said sowwy rofl >.< it's how I say sorry, and my bf loves it >.< he thinks it's so cute :huh: rofl
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.