1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just what I am?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Wrick Malcof, Mar 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alwayswrong

Alwayswrong Well-Known Member

Wow!!! You're very gifted! Your talent will get you all the things you want. But they're going to have the extra value of being your own achievement. Parents do make mistakes. I remember what happened to Dad. He was the middle child (the ham of the sandwich). His elder sibling was a girl (the princess of the family) and his younger one was a very weak boy. So my father was invisible. The day he graduated as a physician, his present was... he had to pay for all the books!!! But all this made him strong. I was a very spoiled only child... I don't know how to defend myself in life. In fact, I'm broke!

2. cofish

cofish Member

@Alwayswrong
    Thank you for your kind words. Well it's either fight or die. I think it is especially true considering this forum objective. I believe it is a bit of a cycle, where a parent tries to avoid the perceived mistakes of his own parents, and end up commiting new, different ones unknowingly. I would risk statement that too much attention to your child may be as harmful as neglecting it, simply in a different way. There doesn't seem to be the perfect path for parenthood, perhaps moderation and clear thinking is the answer? I can't offer you much advice on money management, since I am just starting my fully-grown life, but I have learnt how to save up money by putting let's say half of what i received into saving box. I always chose boxes that I would regret breaking, so the money was safe from my temptations. That and my father would investigate what happened if i smashed it :). That way, I would have to break it to take the money back, while still remembering to put it in regularly. Maybe try something like that for yourself?

Have a good night. Stay positive.

Alwayswrong likes this.
  3. Alwayswrong

Alwayswrong Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.