Just wondering something.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by enkm, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enkm

enkm New Member

I Was wondering if i purchase enough, say Jack Daniels whiskey to fill a big bath for me to get in to, i get in the bath, my skin starts to absorb the alcohol, i breathe the alcohol vapors and after minutes im too drunk to get up so i drown in the alcohol that is absorbed by the body and damages the brain and the heart and evidently kills me.

Is that possible from a scientific point of view?

Im not cuicidal or something, just wondering if that is something that is possible in reality.

please reply
  2. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Um... as far as I know, no. What you've posted does not make a lot of sense to me.
  3. enkm

enkm New Member

So please tell me why...
  4. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

This isn't scientific, and this seems too trivial to be compiling data for, but you would not be too drunk to stand after a few minutes of breathing in the vapours. And, having never attempted this, I'm not even sure about alcohol absorption via the skin.

Was this from a television show?
  5. UnkelHeit

UnkelHeit Well-Known Member

You're not going to that type of information here. Even if it's just theoretical to you, it can give other people ideas.
  6. enkm

enkm New Member

That was something i tought of when i was high. :screwloose:
    Edit: Sorry, didn't mean to upset anyone.
  7. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

for a start how much would that cost, but no serious it would not work, and you shouldnt do it tell us why you feel you want to do that?
  8. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

A bathtub full of alcohol would probably just be a huge waste of money. Although the skin can absorb chemicals, I doubt that you would get drunk from sitting in a bathtub full of alcohol. If you had a cut on your skin it would probably burn though.
  9. Marty482

Marty482 Well-Known Member

PLEASE DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT THOSE THINGS. Just tell us why thats even on your mind? I pray you are ok and hope you do too. Talk to us .YOu have new friends here that will care and offer love and hope.

Write if you like,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.