just wondering

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Panther, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

I came back on here with (hopefully) the right intentions. Having recovered from a breakdown last year I want to try and help people. Obviously I realise that I'm not going to turn people's lives around overnight, and I guess that even if someone helps just one person then it's worthwhile.

But I guess I never become part of the 'in crowd' anywhere, even on an internet forum, and I'm never likely to make loads of friends on here. But I see that there are many close friends on here and I almost feel jealous and wish I could have friendships like that. I have tried to reach out to people and they haven't got back to me, which obviously is fine and doesn't make me think any less of them.

But even so it kind of makes me feel whether I am of any use on this site. I wanna be careful what I say otherwise it'll sound like I am the sort of person looking for recognition and attention, and that is not what this kind of forum is about. I don't want to give out advice unless I KNOW it's going to help, and also because I really don't know what to say a lot of the time, because different people's situations are so different.

I guess what I wanna know is how best I can communicate to people, or whether it's sometimes best not to communicate at all. Does it help if I make positive comments about someone, or could it make them feel worse :unsure:

It is really hard to know what to say and if I do make a post I often take ages and make sure I say the right things and delete the wrong things. People are obviously in loads of pain here and f**k I wish I could do something. But I'm not sure sometimes if people would rather I get lost.

any thoughts would be great
  2. Jackson

Jackson Guest

You can't be sure if your advice will help until you give it. Even if it doesn't, the person can see that there is someone out there reading and responding to what they have to say and realize they aren't alone. That alone is worth it. This being a positive-oriented site, positive comments should always be welcome. You can only give your personal best, and if someone gets on your case for an opinion that's meant to be helpful or constructive, fuck them. So no one wants you to get lost. The more the merrier here I would think.
  3. sarahg

sarahg Well-Known Member

i had a breakdown in march this year and am still very scared.would love ur advice dear friend,ty so much
    hugs sarahg
  4. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

thanks for your feedback and I have had some encouraging posts since.
  5. ybt

ybt Guest

just try your best. most of us are fucked up in more ways than one, so if something doesn't work, it doesn't work, leave it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.