Just wondering..

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by ThoseEmptyWalls, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

Im fat.... Im over 260 pounds.. I have actually found myself wishing I would get bad sick to the point I couldnt eat - just so I could loose weight. I have found myself planning to go on a water only no food spree for two weeks in attempt to loose weight. I havent because I realize its not the healthy way to do it or the way thats going to keep the weight off.. Is being big a disorder or does a certain way of thinking about it/dealing with it make it one? Id appreciate your thoughts.
  2. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

Start walking 30 minutes everyday and controlling the portions you eat (as well as how fast you eat.)

Being too big has certain health problems, joint problems, heart problems, and respitory (sp?) problems.

It's not about being thin, its about being healthy. Eating right and exercising regularly you'll feel better and be healthier. It doesn't really matter if you become thin or not.
  3. ThoseEmptyWalls

Thats the problem..I want to be thin, really thin.. I cant seem to loose more then 20 pounds and then I always put it right back on..I eat very well (or at least I think I do) and I dont deprive myself of the junk but I do eat it in very small amounts and not very often... Oh well..My weights caused no health problems (according to my doctors)....
  4. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

some body types require more to be thin. Nature is a bitch like that. Start running regularly, an hour every 3 days then move up from there. Start slowly working your way up.
  5. ThoseEmptyWalls

I have managed to loose a wee bit over 7 pounds in the past week or so... I wish I could make that 70...Then 70 more...
  6. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

when you drink, only drink water with lemon in it
    it makes you loose weight faster.

oh and when you eat, eat either chicken or fish
    and plenty of vegitables. for breakfast have
    oatmeal with sugar, not that flavored shit.
  7. ThoseEmptyWalls

I dont use regular sugar in my food...I have low blood sugar so I do need some sugar to keep it to where Im not crashing but I keep hard candy handy for that...
  8. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I'm fat too, 300lbs that is, much fatter than you even. I have a fare amount of muscle from weight lifting, but i'm mostly fat. Most often I feel like you do; wishing that I would get sick or something to lose weight or planning to go on a crash diet or fast. They really don't do any good. If you lose on a diet like that it's almost always only temporarily. You need a lifestyle change of some type.

One thing that I haven't tried is a low-carb diet (atkins or similar). The science behind it makes sense to me, so I picked up this book and am waiting for it in the mail. I can update you on how well the diet works if you would like me to. I have high hopes for it.
  9. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

Do not get into the habit of trying to get thin. Do not develop an ED. it is harder to get out of than in to. I think I have said this before.

Being big can be an ED but it depends on your thoughts and patterns. Do you binge eat or binge eat snd then try and make yourself sick etc....

10. ThoseEmptyWalls

I will admit something..When I eat and eat and eat until the point Im about to exploid I will go into the bathroom and bend over (putting a lot of pressure on my stumock) and that makes me throw up... I dont do it often (maybe once a month..Sometimes more and sometimes not for months at a time)...

@LostMyMind - Im following the Winning Points diet now.
  11. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

Hummmm sounds like EDNOs (eating disorder not otherwise specified) You have a bulimic tendency but don't do it as much. I would get it check out with your GP.

12. ThoseEmptyWalls

Im feeling horrible today. I went from almost 290 (after my pregnancy) down to about 280 and now Im at 270 but I gained a pound from 269..I feel like a cow, like a ballon with arms and legs. I have only had sandwhich today and fed most of it to the dogs..Its now 1:40 ish pm and Im not hungry because I have drinking (water and diet sodas).. I have beans cooking in the crock pot for my dinner and probably main if not only source of food for the next few days..Im sooo sick of being a cow :( Sorry I just wanted to post a update...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.