Just Wondering...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Angelo_91, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

Has anyone actually gone through therapy and has become "cured" ? Or in other words came out happy and okay? I just don't see that possible really. Maybe this is a stupid question because it is impossible to forget the past but is the real "cure" finding the will to actually be okay with it all? Ive been on meds and had a few hospital stays, but all I seemed to learn was the skill to live with life, with a colder attitude. Maybe I know the answer to this already but I want to know what others think being cured means, mentally.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I think the 'cure' is to come to terms with the past and find ways to cope. I'm still in therapy, and although I have had some setbacks,its definitely done more good than bad.
    Good luck!

3. palmtrees

palmtrees Well-Known Member

I'm probably better off from therapy than I was before I went in but I'm still not the kind of person I want to be... I've got some ideas and some ways of dealing with problems that I didn't have before. As far as being happy and okay, not so much. It's a mixed bag for me.

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree with palmtrees..I have mixed emotions.. Some things I have come to terms with and others not so much.. Like my suicidal ideations.. I know I won't try to commit again( Unless something major triggers it) But I still think about it everyday..I still want this life to end so I can move on to the next one.. I've screwed this one up to bad..Theres other things also like my augoriphobia.. I am able to get out of the house in the mornings but not in the afternoons.. Too much traffic to deal with..I am able to go into some stores and others trigger panic..So I just do the best I can with what I have learned...

5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

It can take a really long time. Also, it may never go away completely but become manageable so you can still live your life :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.