Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Wastingecho, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

This is... frankly astonishing. At 18 years old I would posit that her parents owe her nothing at all; there is certainly no obligation on a parent to pay for the college education of their child and the fact that she thinks that she is entitled to their support regardless of her own behaviour is ludicrous. I can't believe this is even a court case.

If you are 18 or over, live by your parents rules or leave - you are an adult and that is your choice. This is just a very public manifestation of the sense of entitlement evident in a lot of people actually; grown adults complaining that they are nagged to get a job, or that their parents don't support their decision to sit about and smoke weed and they are therefore abusive. Or (horror) they are expected to occasionally do chores ("I am treated like a slave").

I sincerely hope the court does the right thing and she learns the difference between an entitlement and a privilege.
  3. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

My feelings exactly Freya - I bet her parents wish they had put her up for adoption
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Spoiled brat. I am actually quite shocked this ''case'' even got to court, never mind made headlines in cnn and skynews. I don't think the judges words were harsh at all, exactly what she needed to hear.
  5. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Doesn't surprise me. The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
  6. flowers

flowers Senior Member

This girl wants them to pay for private school. And also for her tuition, next year and beyond, for one of the 10 most expensive universities in the country. A University that has in the past, has had a reputation for being a "party school". Although someone does have to have good grades to get in.

This kid needs a reality check. But she will likely find a man with money who will give her all she wants. Thats how people like this live. The false sense of entitlement doesnt go away. They find people who will give them just what they want.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2014
  7. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

hahahahaha, what a waste of legal system's time
  8. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

If I ever have kids and I've got the cash, I'll happily pay for their education, so 'meh' to this story
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.