justification

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by run4fun, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. run4fun

run4fun Well-Known Member

i try to help my father with his business. he wants me to work day and night everyday for the restaurants cooking and boxing. i had 3 days off in the last 9 months only because my friend came down from DC. i've had to miss my friends wedding and not go with a friend to vegas for new years. he always disatisfied with my work. i try to get more involved with installation modernization, remodeling, sandblasting, gardening. but he doesn't want me to touch anything. he doesn't want me to move out or make girlfriends. i will be almost 50 before he passes away. and my mother wants me to stay single and live with her. after getting my bachelors, i wanted to be a high school physics teacher and peace corps volunteer. which they are very much against. if the only thing they care about is making money, i have become a useless civilian for society. i think life is meaningless. after our telephone conversations he hangs up on me without saying bye and talks to me like a dog. i'm 37 and my own individual. i don't think i can run away without going through severe depression. i believe i am a reasonable candidate for suicide.

2. SoHappyItHurts

SoHappyItHurts Well-Known Member

Have you tried to speak up to your father about being overworked? If he realizes that he can only work you so hard before you quit, then you would have more leverage, I would think.

If you do decide to move out, I would recommend seeing a therapist as a way to cope with the transition. Of course, seeing a therapist may also help even if you decide to stay home.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2007
  3. run4fun

i tried speaking to my father, he's stubborn. my bro and sister already suicided. i am in the process of seeking counseling.

4. run4fun

i will be 60 when my mother passes away. then, i will be living the life i should have 20 years earlier. my father indirectly told me this. i don't want to spend the next 20 years working in the restaurant for nothing and then see what i missed at 60. i've been thinkin about suicide everyday for the past few months.

5. run4fun

i say there is a 75% chance i will do it within the year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.