Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by morning rush, Aug 5, 2013.

1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

dammit I try and try to eat it and I just don't like it. I've tried to make chips, to eat it raw, to eat it steamed...I just don't like eating it at all... :( I am so disappointed in myself...it's a super food...I should be able to eat it and like it!!!!!

I guess I'll have to put it in food somehow....like baking or something...
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I have never heard of it hun is it the texture you don't like or the taste
  3. morning rush

the texture. It's sort of a leafy kind of veggie. I don't like any leafy veggie, like salad, cabbage etc...I try, god knows I try but I just can't
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

oh i can eat leafy stuff either it actually upsets my stomach so much no way i can eat it
  5. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

have you tried eating it as the BKT? Bacon, Kale, and Tomato? It maybe good to try.
  6. fransigne

fransigne Active Member

Some people blend it into smoothies.
  7. morning rush

I don't like tomatoes...and never put salad in my sandwhich...also kale fresh is VERY chewy, almost not eatable...

I thought about smoothies...but I'm not sure...maybe I will try it...
  8. sweetles

sweetles Well-Known Member

ha, it's funny because kale is actually one of my favorite foods...and i like it raw (salads, dehydrated chips) best of all. i make a kale salad with roasted beets and toasted walnuts and a very light balsamic dressing that is THE yummiest. it has nothing to do with health, i just dig it. so sorry that you are not a fan. :( but then spinach is super popular and the smell, texture, taste everything about spinach makes me involuntarily gag so i understand.

why force yourself to eat something you like? if you want to be healthy it has to come from a positive place, imo, and you should love what you eat. do you like beets? they provide many of the same health benefits as kale (like iron) and come in lots of varieties, and they aren't the leafy green thing you dislike. also maybe try baby bok choy, yeah i know there are leaves involved, but they're small and very tender and super crisp, and good in stir-fry and all kinds of recipes.
  9. morning rush

I don't like many vegetables...I try to eat them but I just don't like them...I like fruits more and well I like quinoa which has a lot of nutrient, split peas are good though...

you're right it has to come from a good place because otherwise I'll start to hate eating more than I already do...
  10. pogosticker

pogosticker Well-Known Member

Blend it into a smoothie.

Apple, banana, kale, parsley and water. Kiwi too if you want. Honestly, I used to drink these regularly and the main thing you taste is the apple. You can't really taste the kale at all. I don't like the taste of kale either but these smoothies are great.
  11. the black raven

the black raven Well-Known Member

There is a chinese recipe to cook kale, in my language it is called cah kangkung, it make the kale tasted like....meat? Well, just delicious. I dont like veggies, but i can eat itnif it is cooked withnthat recipe.... It's not hard to cook that.
  12. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

My mother used to make a kale soup that was pretty tasty... don't know all the ingredients she used, but I know that it included potatoes and linguiƧa (Portuguese pork sausage). There are recipes online - look up Portuguese kale soup, also known as caldo verde or "green soup".
  13. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

For my taste kale needs to be blanched by placing it into boiling water for a minute or so. Drain and then use like any other green vegetable. Eating it raw doesn't sound like a good idea to me. With love - Aquarius