Kaspersky Network Attack Detected

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Cicada 3301, May 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Not sure where to post this but I had a network attack detected by Kaspersky just now. It is the only one I have had with over 3 years having the anti-virus. Is it something I should be worried about or has Kaspersky sorted it? I had only a couple of SF tabs open, BBC and a wikipedia entry.

DoS.Win.IGMP.Host-Membership-Query.exploit
    Object: 192.168.0.0

On Kaspersky Pure 3.0 computers that are detected as network attacks are blocked for 60 minutes.

Should I increase the 60 minutes or am I just worrying over nothing? I have tried searching and results are saying I will be fine but I would like to be sure. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

2. Null

Null Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% familiar with Kaspersky, but I do believe if you got the message then it blocked something. I couldn't find much on the issue but calling or emailing tech support might provide more information and guidance.

Personally I would just ignore the message, but it wouldn't hurt to double check your system as a whole (Windows Updates, 3rd Party Program Updates, AV Scans, Backup, Etc).

3. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hello, forgot to reply sorry :arms:

Thanks, I did a full scan, vulnerabilities scan and critical something scan and nothing popped up out of the ordinary so I think I'm okay. Thread can be closed or deleted :thank_you:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.