keep therapy going?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by MourningAngel, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MourningAngel

MourningAngel Well-Known Member

I'm in therapy since november last year but now I reached the point where I don't want to talk about things anymore and I can't see that the therapy is helping me.
    During the last few weeks my mental condition became worse and worse and I'm very suicidal at the moment.
    Should I go on with therapy? I don't want to talk anymore just sit in my room and wait for the right time to come to finally kill myself. My parents won't be too happy when I stop therapy and my therapist says it would make it all worse if I stopped. I don't know what to do. All I want is my peace and quiet. He says that even just a pause would be a bad idea. Help my, please, I don't know what to do! I'm so scared and torn right now

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Every relationship goes through different levels of sharing...that is the natural process of things...when we do not want to talk anymore, maybe something sensitive has been presented that we want to avoid...and if we stay in the relationship, the ppl can reconnect...hope you find the relationship safe and meaningful again, big hugs, J

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I know therapy can stall at times but if you keep at it, in the long run you will start to see progress.. Maybe tell your therapist that you are having problems communicating your feelings..He is the professional and should be able to keep you talking..I have been in therapy for three years and it took me two before I started to feel I was progressing..I wish you the best!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.