1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep Wishing

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mpang123, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

I have anxiety attacks when I think about possibly killing myself. In my past, I've been spared from death, but now I wish I can succeed. I don't see what there is to keep on living. If I didn't exist, I wouldn't be having flashbacks of my trauma last year where I really did almost die. I just wish I did.

2. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

You see, I'm mentally disabled, can't work, can't go to school, never been married nor had any kids. I have nothing to look forward to. I feel like a burden to society and wish I never was alive.

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi mpang. I understand how someone can come to the conclusion that they are a burden on society if they are not working..... I am not working. I do not have kids. I never got married. I could not make it through school And yes. I am mentally disabled. But I am fortunate enough to have a teacher who helps me to understand that sometimes there are larger things going on that I cannot see. Here is an example.

As a kid I always heard that..... eg: homeless people ( or many others who live in very adverse circumstances) are often very advanced souls. So strong in fact that they are able to have a lifetime expereincing this and learning from it. So what if this is true? And I am not saying it is. Maybe people who live under some very adverse circumstances are pretty advanced souls who are here for a reason or purpose they could not even imagine. I dont know. but what if?

I used to call myself people pollution. And it is very difficult being alive. But I honestly believe i have to stay alive. Because there may be a reason I am here that I am not aware of. Maybe someday I can help someone. Because I know what it is to suffer. And that has already happened actually. Because I know so well what it feels like to be dissociative, I was able to help many people who also are. I did that in my 50s. I would hate to have missed out on that. Because it helped people.

I know the pain of what you describe is so deep. I know it because I too live with similar circumstances. And I too grapple with longing to die. But I think that finding a way to stay alive is best, if at all possible. No matter how much I long to be gone. No matter how bad or hopeless it feels. No matter how much I long to be gone. I am really sorry the pain is so bad. I am sorry you live with mental disability. Just know that I also do.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.