Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Ruby, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering if anybody has had any experiences with this drug? I've done it quite a few times and had the weirdest hallucinations. At one point I felt like I was floating around. I heard about someone who sat staring in the mirror for an hour because she didn't believe that she was looking at her own reflection. Why do people think that this drug is worse than LSD? It doesn't make sense.

Random question - Is it dangerous to snort codeine?
  2. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

One of my first roommates in college loved Ketamine. He talked about it nonstop, he also talked about falling into a "K-hole" or a very bad trip. It's a different crowds drug. My roommate was into clubbing and that was more the scene for K, LSD was mainly in the hippy crowd (my other roommate). . LSD is a "pure" hallucinogen, ketamine is a dissociative hallucinogen that has stronger side effects that are more readily apparent then LSD: heart rate increases, potential respitory problems are examples.

Yes it is very dangerous to snort codeine because of the tylenol in it.
  3. Ellycat

Ellycat Active Member

Special K has completely different effects depending on amount used and route taken.
  4. Syd

Syd Guest

My only experience with K was at a big house party back in the winter of 2000/2001. I don't remember the dosage except that it was a small amount. There were people who took 4 or 5x more than I did, and they couldn't even stand up. I felt the effects come on in about 15 minutes.. it felt like I was moving through rooms in slow motion, even though I kept normal pace with everyone else. A group of us were in the backyard laughing a lot, cigarettes looked about 3 feet long and left trails of color.

I can't tell you how long the duration of the high was.. we took acid about an hour after that point, and the intensity of it completely overshadowed the ketamine high. One of my friends had an older sister who spent thousands on K due to addiction. Limit your usage to only special occasions. If you enjoy the relaxing & sedating types of highs, you might want to avoid it altogether due to the risk of addiction. Personally I didn't like it much, and never really considered trying it again.
  5. Syd

Syd Guest

Ketamine is considered worse than LSD mainly because it can become addictive to certain personality types. Acid has no chance of becoming physically addictive. Also, the K can practically disable people during the trips. Being in a "k-hole" is dangerous at clubs and raves, especially without sober friends nearby. It's just like any other substance, use it responsibly to avoid negative consequences. The general population who try ketamine will be fine, but those who are prone to ketamine addiction are the ones who suffer.
  6. Jackson

Jackson Guest

Strange that they use it in dentistry.
  7. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I've never managed to experience the k hole. I kinda like being so out of it that I feel like i'm floating around the house, haha madness. Still, this drug doesn't beat cocaine :wink: I think i'm a cokehead, seriously. It's worrying.
  8. meagainstme

meagainstme Well-Known Member

drugs arent the way forward :)
  9. SeemsPerfect

SeemsPerfect Guest

Only illegal drug I've ever taken was of the steroid variety but I know a little about codeine and a few others. I've never heard of anyone snorting codeine but people have smoked it like heroin. Of course, people are snorting Ritalin so anything is possible I guess. :unsure:

Definitely NOT preaching but I wouldn't suggest any of the above. :sad:

I know that codeine via intravenous injections (needles) can really mess someone up b/c, among other things, way too many histamines can be released and/or it can lead to stoppage of the heart.

Not saying the same would happen through snorting but over time sniffing anything could result in nasal passage deterioration at the very least. The tissues there are really delicate.
  10. glennT

glennT New Member

surely from a purely external point of view, lsd is more attractive as it gives you a better trip with no risk of physical addiction..?
  11. sorry_mozart

sorry_mozart Well-Known Member

GlennT - no way! Once you're on an acid trip it lasts for up to 12 hours, no way out if it's going badly. Ketamine on the other hand, lasts about 30 minutes (though it can seem like a whole lot longer).

K makes me feel so comfortable physically, like the ground is a mattress and the air is a duvet, that it enhances the experience of any other kind of trip. Having said that, the hallucinations can get overwhelming, and it can totally incapacitate you, as well as being confusing when you just don't understand what's going on around you. You have to be in a safe place and take it responsibly!

As a chemical, it's pretty safe - it's used as an anaesthetic for kids and the elderly, because it doesn't have the depressant effect on the respiratory system that other anaesthetics do. Having said that, who knows what you are buying from your dealer? And I've seen people utterly ravaged by addiction to it, so as with any substance, tread very carefully.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.