1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keyboard over text box fix!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by A guy with feelings, Dec 30, 2017.

1. If your keyboard is over top of the text box so that you can't see what you are typing, try this:
    In the upper right corner of the Google keyboard there is an icon of a microphone (circled below) IMG_20171230_005322.jpg

Press AND HOLD that icon and like magic, the text box will appear above the keyboard!

If that doesn't work, try pressing and holding the spacebar.

Hope this helps!

(And yes, the -6 in the top margin of the pic is the current temperature in Fahrenheit! Yuck!)

Dawn likes this.
  2. Kiwi2016

Kiwi2016 Forum Pro

Thanks for the tip---and sending you warm thoughts that the arctic blast ends soon!...Hope you've got your woolies/thermals!

A guy with feelings likes this.
  3. Thanks! I've been wearing at least 3 layers since October!

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  4. Kiwi2016

Kiwi2016 Forum Pro

As having lived in the cold on the east coast can remember...if you can the best things are silk long underway...worth every penny...and you also don't look like nanook of the north or a bundled up toddler :) lol...take care and hope that your four-leggeds are also adjusting to the cold...

5. Ha! The kids go about 10 feet out the door, do their business and want back in. Last night they watched me dig the truck out of the snow for about 3 minutes and let me know they had a book to get back to reading inside! Lol

DrownedFishOnFire and Dawn like this.
  6. Kiwi2016

Kiwi2016 Forum Pro

Yes our dog did the same when we lived up in the mountains...but they all loved chewing on icicles--thought they were treats......though they liked snow more than rain which they have all disliked---they'd run out in the rain and then come running back in---looking at us to make it stop...and then not eat or drink so didn't have to go out in it...lol

7. Haha! My kids are Labs so they LIVE for water! Couldn't keep them out of the ponds, the river, puddles, etc down home. No ponds here and I'm sure not going to let them swim in the Mississippi River! I'd have to pick them up in New Orleans!

8. Kiwi2016

Kiwi2016 Forum Pro

Yes labs do love water...but think wise not to let them go drifting/swimming down the Mississippi river :) Would think that there may be some lakes up there can have them explore...of course when they thaw..

9. By the time they thaw, I hope to be back in the South! My contract is up April 2. This has been made good experience but wouldn't want to overdo it, would we?

10. Kiwi2016

Kiwi2016 Forum Pro

Wow...hadn't realized that..you are truly a brave soul to go up there in the winter then :) .. glad that it is proving to be a good experience for you...

11. The biggest thing is that it got me out of a truly toxic situation. I was hoping to make some connections here but not happening. So, back toward home for me. Maybe Florida or Texas next.

12. Kiwi2016

Kiwi2016 Forum Pro

Yes I know and so glad that you are free from that toxic relationship...hope that you are continuing to heal...yes connections seem to take time and especially when it's cold and as adults as I have found it seems that they are harder to make....don't give up yet....but also so good to see you looking forward to future adventures it sounds like..

13. Nothing holding me back now, Kiwi. Just the pups and me and life. I'm looking at motorhomes...

14. Kiwi2016

Kiwi2016 Forum Pro

Good for you!!! Life is an adventure so live it to the fullest...

Kiwi2016 likes this.
  16. Kiwi2016

Kiwi2016 Forum Pro

What a great song...thanks for sharing.

A guy with feelings likes this.
  17. gypsylee

gypsylee SF Supporter

What to do on an iPad?? I can’t actually type a sentence!

18. Wow...I can try to find an answer but I didn't even look into those. I'll post it I learn something.

gypsylee likes this.
  19. gypsylee

gypsylee SF Supporter

Thanks. I gave up because the noise was driving me insane! In Google the text bar jumps all over the place. I’m more of a forum type person but yeah the site needs an app I guess (I’m not very tech savvy).

20. We are actually raising funds for the app for chat only. Watch for it!