KFC - Does the 'C' stand for crap I wonder?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by me1, Oct 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. me1

me1 Well-Known Member

2. Ranxerox

Ranxerox Well-Known Member

And this is why i dont eat fast food anymore.
  3. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

This article has put me off KFC for life :puke:
  4. J_Oli3

J_Oli3 Well-Known Member

I'm not a big chicken fan anyways. Their chips are nice though
  5. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

I think just about every fast food chain has endured some sort of controversy like this. As they keep expanding and feeding an ever growing number of people, it's getting harder and harder to hold accountable every piece of meat that goes through. It'd be more ideal, in my opinion, if we relied on making our own food more, however relatively inconvenient it may be.
  6. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

Taken from that article:

A spokesman for KFC said: "As soon as we were made aware of the results of the EHO (environmental health officer) inspection... we took immediate action to bring the restaurant back up to our strict hygiene standards."

-As if all the stuff that the EHO found wrong with the place wasn't obvious enough? What sort of imbeciles run KFC?
  7. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

That's just damage control. They have to say something like that when a situation like this goes to the public. It's like a non-written PR rule.

Tough in their defense, the spokesman is associated with KFC corp, likely the regional, so if internal inspection (as in inspection carried out by the corp for their own information) didn't notice those issues the last time they were there, the corp couldn't know about it.

Nowadays food and hygiene standards in restaurants are higher than ever and every company knows that a PR scandal (like this) can have an extremely bad effect in the sales totals, considering how fierce competition is. That said, I'm under the belief that KFC corp didn't overlook the situation, they most likely didnt know about it.
  8. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

Suppose you got a point about the regional manager, but you'd still think the actual store manager would have had the initiative to keep his/her staff in check.
  9. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

I had roaches and centipedes in my old apartment... Doesn't mean I wouldn't eat the food I had at home...
  10. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Apparently "C" stands for cockroach. :yuk:

That's so nasty....
  11. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

how anyone can eat that crap is beyond me if people saw how the chickens were raised and killed no one would eat that crap
  12. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

Altough it'll likely never get revealed, I'm pretty sure that store manager is looking for a job now.

The thing is that managers are oftten pushed into making as much income with as little expense as possible. The methods they employ to achieve that, that's up to them. Some play fair and safe, payment maintnence and adequate hygiene levels. Other well... roaches is what you get.
  13. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

But you were responsible for the proper keeping of your food. If you failed to oversee that and the food got infected, only you and those you lived with you would pay the consequences.

At a restaurant tough, customers are trusting food employees to preppare their meals, thus they need to know that they're in good hands. More, dozens if hundreds of people eat in a restaurant everyday. If a kitchen was contaminated, the consequences would be disastrous. High hygiene standards must be placed because everytime a person gets food poisoning at a restaurant, costumers lose alittle more faith in the food industry, and the whole market pays the price.

Basically hygiene standards both help costumers as well as restaurants.
  14. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I can understand why KFC would get upset about this going public..... now everyone knows what the secret spice is!!!!!!
  15. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

Yea that's true. But I think people are freaking out about it a little too much. I've worked in restaurants for several years and I can tell you that none of them have perfect hygiene. Even the one I'm at now was rated %100 in hygiene and safety and there are silverfish in it, mold in the fridges, an incompetent dishwasher and a few other things which are kind of gross and I don't even wanna mention. If the customers saw the place they'd feel sick, but we serve upwards of 10,000 clients a day and there have never been any complaints or any health problems. No restaurant has great hygiene, especially really busy ones like this KFC. I guess since I’ve worked at so many of them I just know what to expect now
  16. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Geezus Christ, the Leicester Square branch??

That's like 5 miles from my house. :eek:

I never thought I'd say this, but I think I'm gonna boycott fast food.
  17. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

OMG I used to go here really often when I was like 17/18. *barfs into mouth*
  18. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Meh, its one store out of I forget how many hundred across the world.
    Shit happens, no one got ill(?) and the manager will have been sacked, it aint going to put me off eating at any of the worlds other fast food chains, cafes or restaurants cos basically, you run the risk of shitty hygeine with any food you didn't prepare yourself.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.