Kicked out of home for looking after my brother :( :( :(

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by jazzy, Sep 3, 2012.

1. jazzy

jazzy Member

i dont know what to do any more.... im currently in USA on a job.... and im lucky because i have know home in the UK any more... :( :(
    my brother is a Drug addict... and for him to live at home again he had to be able to prove to my mum and dad that he was clean (which he wasnt...)
    i found a bag of coke... in his bedroom... so i hid it... but then it was found in my bathroom... :( :( :(... i didnt have the heart to say that it wasnt mine and that it was my brothers...
    so i got in the shit for it.... so much so.... im kicked out.... my belongs are currently in my back garden... and i have a solid week of work over her in which i need to find some were to live quickly...
    i cant move in with my fiance... as currently he has no room.... and althought we are moving in together soon.... thats not the point...
    i miss my family :( :( :( :( :(

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Seriously, tell them the truth.
    Lying for a drug addict only compounds that person's problem; if he's still using then it needs to be out in the open.
    Sometimes hitting rock bottom is the only thing that brings a user to their senses.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I agree with Terry hun time for your brother to take responsibility for his own mistakes tell the truth so he can get help he needs

4. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Speaking from experience... never touch a person's stash. They will go hunting for it. If your parents found it, tell them the truth. Stop trying to cover for your brother. I know you love him, but speaking as a recovering addict, they will lie, cheat, and steal before even giving you a second thought. So don't get caught in the crosshairs.

5. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

so sorry this is happening to you

I understand what it means to try and protect a sibling, but in this case you are only hurting yourself and not doing him any favors

from my perspective, what i see is a brother who is taking advantage of a loving sister to hide his problem - i don't see him stepping up to set the situation right - you shouldn't need to suffer for his problem and if he isn't clean he needs to get help

6. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Might be an idea to talk to your brother and explain to him that if he really wants to get clean, it starts with taking responsibility for his life. Which means if he wants control again, he needs to accept responsibility for that bag ofdrugs on his own, and rectify this situation.

Would be a good start, if you think he is capable.

7. Damask

Damask Well-Known Member

Tell them the truth now. You are only doing more harm than good. It is your brother's problem, he needs to deal with the consequences.

If he was worthy of you making such a sacrifice, he would stand up and confess that it was really his. He seems more than willing to let you take the fall.

Let him take the fall for his own mistakes.