kill me now

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by killmenow, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killmenow

killmenow Member

I can't get rid of my suicidal thoughts... keep thinking of my ptsd thoughts....i want it to stop but i sometimes loose sight of my dreams and goals.

how can i sustain the enthusiasm?

2. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

Think of something else, go to your happy place if you have one. I have these feelings too, breath. I have been unemployed for 9 weeks with no health insurance so I too have had those thoughts. Know this that it does get better, take this advice from someone who has lived through this before and survived.

3. killmenow

killmenow Member

thanks mpk, let me imagine a nice place to go to

4. killmenow

killmenow Member

hope you will find a job soon :)

5. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

Mine is a park bench in the middle of a light snowfall, the only footprints are mine and the animals.

6. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

I don't know if I will or not as I am over 55. No one really hires people who are that old.

7. killmenow

killmenow Member

heh mine is a forest with streaks of sunlight
    oh how about charitable organisations?

8. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

I know I should get out but I have been in such a funk that it is difficult just getting up in the morning and moving from the bed to at least getting dressed.

9. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, please remain strong. You are important as I care from the bottom of my heart as you deserve to live. I know you are hurting but remain strong.

10. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

Thank you for your kind words. I know that it will work itself out, it just takes time.

11. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Hang in there. I know it is tough going right now... but it really can get better.

Are you getting any treatment for your PTSD? Medication, therapy? Perhaps you could benefit from DBT therapy for the PTSD if you haven't already tried that route? I advised my boyfriend the same, he wasn't feeling that his regular therapy was enough for his PTSD. I am myself waiting to start it for mine too...

Keep finding things you like to do. One of the better advise a therapist at a psych ER gave me last week was to focus on doing things I like to do...

Just don't give up just yet. It really can improve! *hugs*

12. killmenow

killmenow Member

Thank you :) *hugs* Yup, I stopped prozac for 2 weeks because of the undesirable side effects. starting it again.
    I'm taking a break from therapy as I'll be having my finals soon. My therapist is planning to do a form of image desensitisation with me.
    DBT seems good for me...I tend to over react to certain situations especially when i get triggered. Will explore that with my therapist! :D

oh, when will yours start?

13. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I hope it helps you to get back on them, you should always be careful about stopping medication without advice from a doctor though.
    And good luck with DBT if you decide to do that, I did it once, but I wasn't truly ready at the time, so I'm looking forward to starting it again and this time really working on it.
    I don't know when it's starting though... It was supposed to start in February but the personal therapist I met with first thinks I need to work with her for a bit first... she wasn't prepared for my background. But it should start soon!

Good luck with everything, Take care of you! *hugs*

14. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm also in DBT treatment, how is yours going? do you find it difficult, is it helpful? please don't harm yourself, it's not the best solution in this situation *hugs*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.