Kill the world and everything in it

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Louis03, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Louis03

Louis03 Well-Known Member

That's pretty much it.
    Lots of hate.
    I don't exteriorize it. I try very hard not to.
    I try not to dwell on it.
    But its there.
    Mostly I just avoid people.

Dont love nobody, dont want to love nobody.
    Hate everything.
    The world, existence, nature and it's relentless competitiveness, everything.
    All the fucking bullshit.
    "The best thing is to never have been born and the second best thing is to die quickly"
    Isn't that something worth quoting if you ever did see it.
    Boo hoo. Too bad. Nobody cares, nobody is listening.

Most of all I hate people.
    There's a lot of people I'd like to destroy.
    I feel empathy for animals, I like cats. Thank God, it means I'm not a phsyco.
    But for people I feel nothing. No compunction.
    Just hearing people talk outside my window annoys the fuck out of me.
    I want to move somewhere in the woods with no one around.
    And guns, I want to own lots of guns.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

so much anger so much PAIN needs to be looked at and dealt with so yu can live again in peace People can be very hurtful annoying but we all need contact of some sort. I am glad you like cats because they are very kind and intelligent creatures. I hope you can get help with your anger i do Take care of you okay as i find out no one else will do it for you

3. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

I can empathize with the desire for peace n quiet. Asshole neighbours playing Fifa football till 1am last night, and the walls are paper thin here. Not just playing it, but enjoying themselves! how DARE they! I just wanted some damn sleep though.

A stint in the wilds might do some good. Id recommend some solid hiking, its what I plan to do when I get fit enough.

4. Louis03

Thanks for the reply violet. I'm going on a bit of tangent here so feel free to ignore me.
    I don't view cats as kind, merely innocent and lacking capacity for premeditated malice. Cats also require a lot less of you than other people do. They are just as inherently selfish.

Although, as to the qualification of kind, if I believed in objective good and objective evil, I would have to agree with Arthur Schopenhauer, for whom life, the will-to-live in all creatures, is morally wicked.

For Schopenhauer the ultimate principle in the universe is a sort of blind, striving energy, what he calls simply “Will” — a mindless, aimless, non-rational urge at the foundation of our instinctual drives, and at the foundational being of everything - that individuated, or manifested, in us leads ultimately to a life of violence, frustration, suffering and conflict with others.

"He who is capable of thinking a little more deeply will soon perceive that human desires cannot begin to be sinful simply at that point at which, in their chance encounters with one another, they occasion harm and evil; but that, if this is what they bring about, they must be originally and in their essence sinful and reprehensible, and the entire will to live itself reprehensible."

-Schopenhauer

Do I need help because I'm angry and I relate poorly to others? Maybe but only because to a large extent I'm unhappy. Anger is a useful emotion.

5. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Well.. the deeper you go into something the more options and possibilities become aware to you. If he's saying that when you reach a percieved moment of "sinfulness" by an outsiders point of view, that actually it's everything that encompasses you that is sinful because sin doesn't being with the act, but with all the essential and subsequent parts that make you who you are, then..

He's chosen to take that from a tainted point of view. "Will" as he put should be neutral. Directed by personal choice, and limited to personal perception.

So what is sinful to you, might be normal to me :) Sin and Kindness are just terms of certain common level of acceptance that we have, but is uniquely different to each.

I don't know about survival being wicked to be honest. If I had to kill another human being to eat because there was absolutly no food available, I don't consider that evil or wicked. Merely everything that constructed this "person" will be broken down and absorbed into me and whatever else it comes into contact with.

Anyhow, Im not sure if I'm talking to where you are at, I just, I've been and am currently at points that offer alot new perceptions, and with them, I get the good aspects, and the horrid aspects.

It's hard work, especially if you are seeing newer perceptions everyday, if there is a side of depression basically drawing those new perceptions to piviot around it. It can really taint the positive possibilities. I have to believe in what I wish to believe, and bring that with me as I grow. And I've chosen to believe in a positive side of things, but not being ignorant to the horrid side that people touch with and chose to live by.

If anything from this post, I just want to say that, if 100 people are bad, it doesn't mean the next person is. Don't let the negative aspects dominate the positive for you.

Kind regards, and I hope I haven't gone too far off topic :S

6. Louis03

@ Blake

Schopenhauer was someone attuned to the suffering in the world. He was someone who said "the essence of morality is compassion". What he says, if I can attempt to articulate it, is that the nature of things is such each living creature is essentially at odds with all other creatures and the elements. Thus that which is the essence of each living creature, that which moves it, that which is not the material form but the driving impulses, is essentially predisposed to cause suffering unto others. For him human life is a tragedy.

Personally, I agree with his pessimism and, pre-supposing a moral pre-occupation with the suffering of other people and other living things, I find it difficult to see how one can escape his judgements.

7. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

I agree with that. Basically everything will become a part of everything else in someway eventually. I mean like I could be killed and eaten by an animal, and parts of me absorbed into it, the rest of my body left on the ground to rot, letting maggots form, decomposing into the ground and being absorbed by the plant life, eventually turning to dust and blowing across the plains dulling a stone in some fashion as the dust wisps by it.

There's always a flipside to the harshness of (outside humanity) life. A end is always a beginning. Nothing is ever lost, just transformed. No energy can be destroyed or created, it's all simple the same elements recreated into different things.

I can understand his point of view, and his choices for that point of view. Though if he were here I would say that there is always a flip side or a creater perception to every event in life. You can pick and choose to make it as positive or negative as you want, and by choosing you are creating a directional "will" to use in your life.

Schopenhauer eh? Cool, ill look him up.

8. Louis03

The notion that everything is part of everything else is central in his philosophy, he uses that to advocate compassion. If everything is will by harming you, ultimately I'm harming myself. Will here is not the same as what the word would normally suggest, it doesn't imply a purpose or consciousness. Everything has will, a dead rock has will, it is simply the driving force of everything in the universe that causes things to be such as they are. Also, he doesn't say the will itself is wicked, only that the will such as it is experienced by us is repulsive and morally wicked. Glad you like it.

9. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Hmm.. I've never looked at it from that point of view before. I suppose he is right, this existence we do need to comsume something else in some fashion.

.. Ug I don't think I could commit to that philosphy exactly like that. But I definatly need to be aware of it.

.. Cool, seriously that was a way I've not thought about before.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

Isn't this why he suggests that you to turn away from the will, to accept the nothingness of the world, to not become involved in it or concerned about its ways? (To me loving someone or hating someone is essentially the same - it's being concerned about them which you shouldn't be)

Anyway, he also argued that the joy of music and art is that it takes us outside of the empirical realm, which is why we shouldn't hate everything - maybe just people. Yet we rely on people for our art and music. So ultimately it is people who cause our suffering, but it's also people that deliver us from that suffering too.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2010
  11. Louis03

Indeed, his philosophy has much in common with Buddhism in that sense. As you can probably tell that part of his philosophy is not something that has special relevance for me personally. In that sense I much prefer Nietzsche for whom:

"The good way of life is not what one seeks because there is no such thing as the good way of life, there is no intellectual intuition of the ends of man, there are artistic makings of life."

- Prof. Allan Bloom on Nietzsche

And if, as Nietzsche said, "The world is the will to power—and nothing besides!" I think we have some idea where that leaves us.

Schopenhauer's views on art, though, I find very interesting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2010
  12. Louis03

The aesthetic transcendental experience can also be felt by contemplating things other than human creations, i.e. nature. I wouldn't consider it a deliverance so much but a momentary escape.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2010
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

Yeah I agree with what you say. It all sounds good in theory but in practice it doesn't seem to work that well. I'm not sure whether that's because I've got an undisciplined mind or that the world's just shit, probably a bit of both.