Killed it for me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by InTheMatrix, Nov 21, 2011.

1. InTheMatrix

InTheMatrix Active Member

In June of 2009, I found the best girl in the world. The moment I met her there was an instant connection. It was at a summer camp. After a little less than a week, we started dating. The resulting relationship was pretty much the best thing that ever happened to me. She was strong, intelligent, tomboyish, pretty. I was introverted, easily put off, afraid to try new things. We told each other everything. I found out she had depression and had started cutting. I helped her through it every time, though I ended up self harming myself in the process. I stayed up late, as late as 4am, to talk her down when she was going to commit suicide. She has told me I saved her life. Long story short, we're several states apart. She ended going to a boarding school. We had a few issues, especially over people she met there. Then, after a year and a half, she dumped me for another guy. Nine months later, it doesn't even hurt less in the slightest. She wants me to be her friend, and I try, but it's hard. I know I'll never get her back, but I'm still pining and wishing that one day she'll want me again. I feel like I can't love again, and indeed I haven't had even the slightest crush on a girl since she left me. Pretty pathetic, right?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No not pathetic hun you are mourning the loss of a dream of a girl who you thought was your soul mate. I do hope you get out though hun and try to move forward okay You met one girl hun you can meet another maybe even more special hugs
  3. ExtraSoap

ExtraSoap Well-Known Member

I know this feeling all too well, at least you had something with her, my friend. Anyway, just keep soldiering through it. Time heals all wounds, it's just getting through the healing that's the hard part. The end result is well worth it (or so i hear).