Kind of disturbing..

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by MWC, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MWC

MWC Member

Ok. Its kind of hard for me to...ummm "bring up" things like this, but i often have nightmares about being murdered. I remember my first dream like this, i was 11, and since then it has just been a part of life. I feel like a freak for having dreams like this, and im encouraged to not talk about it. but i often wonder why this has been going on for so long. So much in my life has changed, and as i change, so do the nightmares.. as my surroundings change, so do the "murder scenes". i guess i was wondering if anyone else has dreams like this..? and if so, how long they have lasted?

2. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

After the head teacher told us the story of Noah and that the rainbow was God's promise that he would not do that again, she added "next time it will be by fire". I was 5. My mother was ultra cautious about fire. The combination gave me nightmares when I was worried into my early 30s. Sorry about yours. I used mine as an indicator of what I wasn't dealing with or suppressing.
    My nightmares changed as I did. E.g. Not rescuing my teddy bear was no longer the most distressing part.

3. xsomewhatdamagedx

xsomewhatdamagedx Well-Known Member

I have dreams like that all the time and this has been going on for quite a number of years.

4. carebear32

carebear32 Well-Known Member

I have dreams like that quite often. The last one was a few days ago. I've been having it on and off for the last 15 years. The last one though, I watched myself commit suicide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.