Kind of Funny in a Completely Morbid Way

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Shiroi_Hana, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiroi_Hana

Shiroi_Hana Well-Known Member

So, a short while ago I was engaging in the 'shameful' practice of SH. Some random thought that crossed my mind at around 5:00 this morning was what triggered my desire to cut, as well as robbing me of any hope of getting to sleep soon. Anyway, so as I was putting away all of my things afterward, I happened to glance into the bathroom mirror and I realized that I'm standing there with bloody cuts on my arms, in bright pink pajama bottoms and a nice, cheerful Tinkerbell t-shirt. I don't think I have to emphasize the absurdity of this picture, needless to say the sheer degree of how ridiculous it was actually made me laugh, and now, I don't know if it was because of the cutting or because of how stupid I realized I looked, but now I'm feeling so much better than I was, so much so that I feel like I can get back to my 'sort-of' schedule for today. Anyway, I just thought I would share this bit of idiotic and useless information with everyone today. I hope everyone else's day goes WAY more smoothly than mine has thus far.
  2. i see what you mean about the absurdity of it all.
    good thing that you can laugh about it now :D
  3. Rachel123

Rachel123 Well-Known Member

OMg..... I just read this post now.... The SAME thing happened to me last night.
    I when from calm......To completely hysterical when I couldn't get some cuts to stop bleeding....To laughing at just how ridiculous it all is.
    I was dressed similar too. Pink plaid pj bottems and a plain white tank top.
  4. SweetSurrender

SweetSurrender Well-Known Member

Whenever i have unfortunately caught myself in the mirror i cringe at the absurdity of it all. It makes me feel very disconnected, the girl looking out at me does not seem to be me, she maybe wearing my clothes but she is the picture of normalcy because of it...then i look down at my arm and the tissues of blood surrounding me and realise that i'm so far from the person in the mirror. Sometimes i look at my scars as though they're on someone elses arm - not mine.
  5. allison

allison Well-Known Member

It was probably both the after effect of the cutting (that light feeling, I believe?) and the reflection in the mirror itself. Don't worry--I think it's normal and not too weird :)
  6. mmm28

mmm28 Member

omg! a similar thing happened to me- the towel i used to clean up afterwards had snoopy on it & the absurdity of the blood on it kinda hit me
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.