Kind of in a bad place right now

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Julien99, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julien99

Julien99 New Member

feel like a failure. I'm 35 and keep shooting myself in the foot every time things seem to be working out for me. I have such a low threshold for being talking to me a certain kind of way. I storm out and get fired. I had the opportunity of a life time and blew it big time. I feel like blowing my brains out. My grandmother did that. I'm more articulate than this, just very tired and not in a good place. I'm sorry

2. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

I understand Julien99, but standing up for yourself does not make you a failure.
    Is this an office type of situation, presumably your bosses are the ones that trigger this feeling?
    All I can suggest is that you try to keep in mind that sometimes folk use those under them to blow off steam, and sometimes they yell at the wrong people, and sometimes they are just idiots.

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

please try not to blame yourself for what is not your fault. If you get triggered by people talking to you a certain way, this is not your fault. Really. But I am sure it causes you tremendous pain. Please do not take your life because of this. There are ways to actually work on this kind of thing in therapy. CBT can help a lot with this kind of thing. This is a very good website. keep posting here. It can help. Its a good community. Or I think so.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hope you continue to try hun sometimes it is so hard to just walk away it is i get that. I am sorry you loss your job hun and hope that soon you will be able to find a new one h ugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.