Kind of pissed off

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by sadhart, Nov 30, 2011.

1. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

So I sort of had a job interview today. It was nothing big...just a three day thing for a holiday fair. They said they will let me know by 5pm today and that's fine. My cousin, the one who I rely on to take me there if I get the job complained that they should have told me whether I got it or not right then and there. She does this crap all the time; she has little to no knowledge of something that I am trying to do in my life, and wants me to see it from her narrow minded point of view.

It is really discouraging because if I get the chance to work for the next three days, and she doesn't want me to work, I'm not sure if I can find anyone else to take me. It just makes me mad that she acts that way....she does it with jobs, where I want to go to school, even what I wear sometimes, and it is overbearing and hard. I just hope that she will be supportive if I do get a chance.

Sorry if that didn't make complete sense.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I do hope you get the chance to work hun as it will look good on your next resume i do hope she supports you you deserve that support hun hugs
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Explain to her that you'd like her to support you a little more. She probably doesn't understand how're your feeling about the whole thing :hug:
  4. sadhart

I wish it were that easy, but it's not. one time, she expected me to quit a job I already had because it was "too far" and really it wasn't and I was working every other week with a week off. She just expected me to quit and go back to filling out applications like that was a better option.

I hate to say this, but I doubt they will even hire me for the holiday fair.....that would be disappointing, but at least I can avoid my cousin and any possible crap she may pull.
  5. Brandt

Brandt Well-Known Member

Do you any type of public transportation like a bus or cab? I'm without a car myself and hate the thought of having to get on the bus or waste cash on a cab, but if there was no other way of getting to an interview/job I would do what was necessary to get there.
  6. sadhart

No, we don't have public transpotation....I don't mind going that route if it were available. It doesn't matter though because they never called. I want to be angry at them, but they didn't do anything wrong. They chose the person they felt was better.