kinda got busted

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Loco72, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Loco72

Loco72 Well-Known Member

Well, I've written about my complicated living/relationship situation. Not sure that I've mentioned that my partners have kids, 10, 17, 19. The kids cnsider me part of the family, even though they do not know the extent of my, J and S's relationship. So much so that when possibly moving came up the 17 year old said he wasn't moving anywhere if i wasn't coming with...

Well, sleeping arrangements are sucky, we have a twin bed for me next to their full size, we all lie in bed and fall asleep together, then usually sometime during the night I wake up and move over, mostly cause the bed is really cramped with 3 people. Well S goes to work about 45 minutes before we have to get up, so I always get back in bed and cuddle with J. Oh, did I mention we tend to sleep not fully clothed, it seems I just rest better without clothes restricting me(this is a new discovery for me), anyway, sorry, got sidetracked. We always keep the bedroom door locked, but when S leaves J and I are too out of it to lock the door behind her. Well, this morning the youngest for some reason woke up before we were out of bed and came looking for his mom, and there we are lying cuddling, naked....luckily we had the blankets all bundled around us. We are always cuddling in front of the kids, so his mom isn't worried or freaked out or anything, and he didn't seem to think anything about it. But now of course I am stressing that the poor child is traumatized in some way...which I know is irrational and totally over reacting....but just don't want to hurt or confuse anyone....

sigh, i think to much....
  2. Fatman1966

Fatman1966 Antiquitie's Friend

You really are thinking about things too much !

Look at the facts, kids are really bad at hiding emotions, if the 10 year old was upset, you would have seen it there and then, the fact they just took it in their stride, shows it was just that, not something that caused any sort of problem to them.

May be you are guessing that the kids are thinking the same way you are thinking, but kids are just not like that, they take things at face value and run with it if if makes them happy, its only as you get older, that all these other more complecated thoughts start swimming round in your head.

My guess would be, that the kids have a pretty clear picture of what going off already, they notice the little things that us adults do with out thinking, if it was a big issue to them, then they would have let you know that by now, thats the way kids are, if they don't like something, they are pretty quick in letting you know, in no uncurtain terms, :laugh:

If it's bothers the 3 of you, then talk it over, work out why its a problem, then talk to the kids about it, may be they have questions too