kinda wish I didn't have a family

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by darkrider, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

If I didn't no one would be hurt if I left. I don't see a reason to live, nothing is right. I don't enjoy anything any more.
  2. I often wish that too, my mom is the only person keeping me in check from killing myself. I hate her, but I still don't want to see her any miserable than she is now.
  3. Alexpt2

Alexpt2 Well-Known Member

I wish I had a family. That would be a reason to live for me.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I often wish I didnt have a family too, but at the same time i am very grateful that I have a loving family.

How are you feeling today?
  5. ZundertowZ

ZundertowZ Well-Known Member

i understand what your trying to say but you have no idea how much it hurts to not have a family!
  6. noplacetogo

noplacetogo Well-Known Member

I wish I didn't have a family either. Not because I hate my family, but because they are a burden to me. I constantly think about how they would feel if I did so and so. If I killed myself everyone would go crazy. and Not in that crazy I miss you way, but in the literally crazy blame-game way. I think though, if I didn't have a family, I'm not sure if I would want to kill myself. I would have no more obligations. could live my life without that constant nagging. I'll never know. but yeah, family is overrated.
  7. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

I sometimes wish I didn't have a family then I wouldn't feel guilty about all the suicide attempts I've put them through not that they know about them all thank god but they know enough. If it wasn't for my mum I wouldn't try and hang on as the rest of them aren't worth staying alive for
  8. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

I am not close to my family but i still wish that i was not part of a family then it would be easier to end it all because i wouldn't have to think about the implication on the family.
  9. darkplace

darkplace Well-Known Member

i have family but its like i live with flatmates. we hardly talk. im sorry but if i stay its not because of them.
  10. freefalling

freefalling Active Member

I too have wished for that for years.If you had no-one it would be so much easier to end it all.I have 2 young sons and they are what are keeping me alive at present.I hope my love for them will guide me to make the right decisions in future moments of darkness.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.