kinder surprise contraband in the U.S. (LOL)

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by morning rush, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

A woman's kinder surprise was seized at the U.S. border and she was almost fined a 300$ fine :huh: I"m sorry to say this but you U.S. are messed up....

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/womans-candy-egg-seized-border-20110110-145449-459.html

that made me laugh so hard...I can't believe this actually happened...why not focus on the white trade, drugs and weapons contraband??? I mean you got to put priorities, serious ones...

that's my opinion though...so don't bash me...this is what the world has come to....

2. Dying To Live

Dying To Live Member

The US is heading fast into a police state and it really scares me. Innocent people are being frisked at airports and no one stands up to it. Every since 911 we've become security paranoid and the average American seems to care more about football and celebrity gossip than whats happening to are nation. Now with the shooting in Arizona were going to start seeing attacks on freedom of speech and gun rights. The government is already trying to find a way to shut down freedom of speech on the internet. People need to wake up.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

3. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

All this shit about frisking at airports and civil libertys is overblown nonsense.

Its a quick search that you have to be a tool to be worried about that keeps you safer, it isnt the police hunting you down for having the wrong skin colour or political affiliation.

4. ziploc_bag

ziploc_bag Active Member

I knew this stuff about kinder eggs.

That's why I have my UK friends mail them to me! :D

5. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

I was actually pretty happy with the wikileaks to find out that, although there are some unfortunate things, Canada has kept its hands comparably clean. I really think this is largely due to the fact that CSIS was made specifically to be subservient to the federal courts, an inspector general, a review committee, the public safety department (And the minister of that department), and the Parliament; it was also prohibited from engaging in the ridiculous practice of the CIA of being allowed to classify everything down to their donut preferences. (Honestly, why is the CIA budget and employee count classified? It's ridiculous. The CSIS budget was exactly $506,573,000 last year and they have exactly 2449 employees.)

A look at American problems in the past have largely been the CIA and today the DHS and TSA are taking up being the dick of the American government.

6. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

At Toronto Pearson's International I engaged a transatlantic flight without being frisked, without removing my shoes, without getting so much as my bag slapped through an Xray to check for knifes and my person put through a metal detector. I barely had to stop or wait in a line to clear security. My plane WAS NOT subject to any terrorism. Meanwhile the TSA wants you to remove your shoes, get you naked with useless digital strip searches, and occasionally rummage through your bags to get rid of snow globes.

Even if it weren't over priced and a breach of rights it would be useless.

7. houseofcards

houseofcards Well-Known Member

I don't understand why the eggs are considered a choking hazard for young children... If they were that big of a problem, frozen peas, peanuts, beads, etc. should be banned for transporting and selling as well.

8. ziploc_bag

ziploc_bag Active Member

Paranoid parents bitch about it because they can't take care of their own children, and so that's what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.